Data EngineerApply Job ID: R-014087 Date posted: 06/03/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
The Data Engineer will be a member of the Data & Analytics team within LPL’s broader Strategy & New Ventures organization. The Data & Analytics team is an entrepreneurial, high-performing group focused on building out LPL’s insights, data and analytic capabilities. Key focus areas include strengthening the use of our data and insights as a strategic asset, ensuring strong data quality/governance, and integrating analytics-based solutions into our firm’s DNA and the products our clients utilize every day.
The Data Engineer position resides within our Data Science team and will be a combination role with both data engineering and data scientist responsibilities. It is a growth role on the team, as the firm’s data needs for advanced analytics, enhanced reporting, and machine learning solutions continues to grow. This is a hands-on data engineering role more than half their day creatively building, maintaining and improving the team’s queries and datasets, with the remainder spent working with the Data Science team and growing their capabilities as a data scientist.
Do you a passion for data architecture and building datasets for use in advanced analytics?
Do you have a passion for applying analytics to tell stories with data while driving real business outcomes?
Would you like to be part of a growing, high-functioning team, with career growth potential?
Have you spent the last 2+ years learning an organization’s data ecosystem, allowing you to quickly assess and assemble scalable datasets to support a given analysis?
If so, this job is for you!
What will you do?
- Work closely on a Hadoop based data lake leveraging Spark and Python scripting to efficiently combine data from multiple sources and develop curated data stores.
- Support sales and product teams by creating accessible, easy to use data sets that can be ingested into various platforms such as Tableau, Alteryx and more.
- Structure and develop recommendations to solve complex problems leveraging advanced analytics (data mining, predictive modeling and machine learning)
- Develop deep analysis and understanding on how advisor behavior and marketplace events impact advisor growth and associated product sales
- Collaborate with technology organization on support for data resources and for delivery of analytics insights, in particular continuing to grow our cloud-based capabilities and usage of on-prem Spark/ Hadoop distributed environments.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- Bachelor's degree in Decision Information Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, or related discipline
- At least 2 years of related work experience in a data engineering role supporting sales analytics, client analytics, business intelligence or advanced analytics
- Basic knowledge advanced analytics, including predictive modeling and machine learning algorithms other than logistic regression
- Expertise working with relational databases, e.g., SQL Server, Oracle, distributed technologies such as Hadoop, Spark and Cloud based platforms like AWS.
- Experience with a programming or scripting language (e.g., Java, C++, Perl, Python)
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.