Data Governance AnalystApply Job ID: R-015939 Date posted: 09/07/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Analyst, Taxomony, Data Governance
The Enterprise Data & Analytic business unit is an entrepreneurial, high-performing group focused on building out LPL’s insights, data and analytic capabilities. Key focus areas include strengthening the use of our data and insights as a strategic asset, ensuring strong data quality/governance, and integrating analytics-based solutions into our firm’s DNA and the products our clients utilize every day.
The Data Governance Taxonomy Analyst is a newly created role that reports into the Vice President of Data Governance. This position will play an integral role in creating an in-depth business glossary and data catalog at LPL
What will you do?
- Partners with the business to identify, define, and catalog business terms while establishing a business stewardship hierarchy for those terms
- Educate and train the enterprise on the importance of data, and how to apply a consistent level of care across critical data assets
- Foster data-driven culture and the creation of related competencies and data literacy across the organization
- Partner with Technology to establish strategies, requirements and adoption of governance tools
- Executes metadata management initiatives, including technical data lineage, data quality, and profiling
- Participate in the creation of key data governance artifacts (documentation, definitions, processes, policies, etc.) are created, controlled, managed, and maintained over time
- Work with key partners in Digital, Privacy, Security, Technology & Analytics functions to execute data access priorities and ensure proper controls are established
- Drive data quality metrics across the organization
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
- Spend 40% of your time meeting and forming alliances with key business stakeholders to explain the role and how it can help them meet their business-critical key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Start engaging with working group to define the business terms and critical data elements in your assigned data domain or sub-domain
- Train roles on metadata workflow and tooling to capture business definitions and other information deemed critical
- 2+ years of experience in data governance, data management, or metadata management, including experience in cataloging, data mapping, requirements gathering and tagging data assets
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and enforcing strategy, policies, and procedures, while successfully building strong business relationships
- Ability to create streamlined, documented processes and support guides for stakeholder to operate efficiently
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to diverse teams, specifically process owners and management
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Library Science, preferred
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.