Data Services LeadApply Job ID: R-013303 Date posted: 07/19/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations TX-Austin , CA-San Diego
The focus of the Lead Data Services Developer for DaaS (data as a Service) is to deliver microservices based design / development / administrations for new and existing data platforms. This position will help provide design / development efforts for REST APIs, Docker/ Kubernetes stack. S/he will design, develop, unit test and maintain microservices in support of a specified business functions and processes. This role will utilize various microservices development solutions in order to meet business needs, as well as provide ongoing support and problem resolution for existing applications.
- Lead API/microservices requirements definition efforts for specific projects or multiple projects of varying complexity. Document results of requirements definition process.
- In partnership with Application Architecture function, help transform microservices requirements into system, process and program designs.
- Solution / Design may be custom or involve one or multiple development standards/technologies.
- Use appropriate tools to document and communicate designs. Evaluate system impacts beyond the scope of specified change.
- Define and Develop new microservices based on requirements gathering. Development includes unit testing and may involve using one or multiple tools.
- Additionally, may be responsible for evaluating the work of 3rd party service provider development team members for technical quality, adherence to standards and completeness.
- Ensure the quality of developed and delivered applications. Create and document unit test scripts. May review scripts prepared by other application developers. Assist in the processing of test scripts. Ensure proper change control procedures are followed.
- Proactively look for tools and methods to improve the operation of microservices/Kubernetes area.
- Work with technology teams and business teams to ensure operational readiness of systems.
- Provide periodic status updates to project leaders and managers.
- Provide mentorship / coaching to application developers.
- Maintain current technical skills and develop new skills through formal and informal skills development regimens.
Qualifications - Required
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant experience in IT related to software development or support
- Provide hands on technology leadership / People management (25%)
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Six to eight years’ microservices REST API design and development experience using C#.NET, .NET Core or Node.js, GraphQL, Docker/OpenShift, AKS, Kubernetes and API gateway tool, Microservices Design Patterns, Service Mesh(ISTIO)
- Solid experience with micro-services architecture/design/development for new and existing systems.
- Experience with designing API, Webservices, microservices, messaging and serverless architecture
- Proven experience in On-Premise, AWS or Azure Cloud and Hybrid environments.
- Solid experience with API security standards and different authentication models.
- Experience in performing Technical Assessment of current state of systems
- Experience on transforming a legacy monolithic application to a microservice based application.
- Experience developing web applications using Azure functions, AWS Lambda and Azure DevOps.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze and break down components to identify a root cause.
- Strong project lead skills with ability to accurately estimate development and testing efforts, identify tasks on the critical path, and asses risk in the overall project.
- Database programming (NoSQL, SQL Server/Oracle/DB2) a plus
- Knowledge of Metadata and Data Lineage.
- Experience with design and implementation of DevOps and CI/CD tools
- Experience with design, implementation and lead adoption of containers technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with web design and development using frameworks (node.js, angular, express.js, react.js)
- Experience with using JMeter, BlazeMeter or similar performance testing tools.
- Experience working with Jira, Jenkins, GitHub / Bitbucket, TFS, Junit or Other Unit Test frameworks
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.