Desktop Support, ManagerApply Job ID: R-008438 Date posted: 12/24/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is the nation’s largest independent brokerage firm with more than 14,000 independent financial advisors in more than 4,000 branch offices nationwide. LPL Financial has been ranked the number one broker dealer in its class consistently over the past 10 years. Financially strong and growing, its corporate offices are in Boston, San Diego, and Charlotte.
LPL Home Office Technologies is responsible for the support, engineering, and strategy for the desktop and corporate applications that our internal employees use to better serve our Advisors and Investors. Simply put, our goal is to provide a modern computing environment that is reliable, simple to use, and flexible to individual workstyles.
The Manager, Technology (Desktop Support) role directs and coordinates activities of desktop support staff engaged in support services and responds to and anticipates the support needs of our home office employees.
People: Manages and leads our #1 asset, our people.
- Grows our people’s skills through the creation of development plans and providing growth opportunities.
- Focuses on Talent Management by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching and counseling employees.
- Achieves success by assigning appropriate talent to projects and activities.
- Develops succession plans for the team and themselves, to encourage growth and promotion.
- Encourages diversity and supports an inclusive work environment, including visible and non-visible diversity dimensions.
Driving our offerings forward through strategic planning
- Develop strategies to simplify our offerings, make them more cost effective, and increase the ease of doing business for our customers.
- Integrate new technologies to improve the efficiency of our customers.
Deliver the Operational Plan: Execute on the basics to drive performance
- Manage departmental and product portfolio budget to 5% variance target.
- Ensure and maintain system capacity plans, to stay ahead of product adoption growth.
- Ensure operational stability of assigned products, aggressively managing incident and root cause analysis processes.
- Identify and reduce technical risks, including CyberSecurity, Operational, and Compliance related risks.
- Ensure that systems are upgraded as needed, to avoid end of life issues.
Collaborate: Collaborate with others within and outside of Technology
- Establish solid partnerships within and outside of Technology.
- Collaborate with the users of your product to include their input.
Innovation: Create new capabilities and innovate fiercely to compete.
- Create new capabilities to enable our customers to be able to be more productive, with minimal friction
- Drive disruption and uncover opportunities through universal truths – simplify, personalize, and lower costs.
- Experiment, learn, and iterate to bring new solutions to market at top speed.
Employee Engagement: Create and sustain a culture of fully engaged employees
- Listen to your people to gain insights for micro adjustments.
- Connect the company’s strategy to the work that your team does every day.
Role Specific Job Duties:
- Responsible for assuring users are provided efficient and timely first and second level desktop support on a 7×24 basis
- Performs staff scheduling to ensure desktop support coverage during normal business hours and on-call support as required
- Provides staff support for administrative tasks and projects that require desktop involvement such as company moves, cutovers, weekend projects, and a variety of onboarding tasks
- Manages back office operations related to but not limited to equipment purchasing, tracking, imaging, and refreshing equipment
- Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, and status reports are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department
- Ensures that decisions made to improve the overall customer service provided by desktop support are continually carried through
- Serves as the around-the-clock contact for all related support issues, providing advanced first level technology support for their team members
- Ensure systems policies, processes and procedures, are documented and in place for desktop support teams to reference
- Management of multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced highly technical environment
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the VP, Home Office Customer Care
Additional Required Skills:
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent customer service, written and oral skills.
- Self-motivated and goal driven, with the ability to multitask and to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of various Windows OS and hardware for PC environments
- Knowledge of principles and terminology of networking and mobile technologies
- Knowledge and demonstrated expertise with the management and support of Microsoft Active Directory Domains, corporate networks, and mobile device technology
- Knowledge and demonstrated expertise with the management and support of Microsoft Office, Office 365, and common productivity applications.
- Knowledge of wireless networking, VPN, and networking components and terminology
- Awareness of commonly used Microsoft products and services
- A minimum of 5 years support services experience in IT operations that required troubleshooting, customer service, and communication to a variety of end users/customers
- Experienced in supporting environments of minimum 3,000 – 5,000 end users
- Vendor and MSP management experience a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.