Desktop Technician Level 2-3Apply Job ID: R-008541 Date posted: 02/18/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Sr. Desktop Support, Technology
LPL Financial is the nation’s largest independent brokerage firm with more than 14,000 independent financial advisors in more than 4,000 branch offices nationwide. LPL Financial has been ranked the number one broker dealer in its class consistently over the past 10 years. Financially strong and growing, its corporate offices are in Boston, San Diego, and Charlotte.
LPL Home Office Technologies is responsible for the support, engineering, and strategy for the desktop and corporate applications that our internal employees use to better serve our Advisors and Investors. Simply put, our goal is to provide a modern computing environment that is reliable, simple to use, and flexible to individual workstyles.
The Senior Desktop Support role works directly with the Home Office Technology Customer Care team to assist in fixing, or managing to completion, technical issues or support concerns with our 4,000+ LPL Financial Home Office users.
Role Specific Job Duties:
- Provides Tier 2/3 support for end-user computing devices for LPL employees and Contingent workers in multiple offices and functions as an escalation point for the Tier 1 and Tier 2 support.
- Proactively train and share knowledge with Tier 1 and Tier 2 techs in a professional and friendly manner when opportunities arise.
- Submit knowledge articles to the growing knowledge base to assist Tier 1 and 2 support techs, as well as our user base.
- Be an escalation point for Tier 1 and Tier Tech’s troubleshooting questions and technical concerns.
- Responds to incidents and requests within a ticketing system, providing resolution within a complex fast-paced business environment.
- Deploys and troubleshoots end user computing devices including laptops, desktops, printers, MFPs and wireless devices that are aligned within the Home Office Security Policy.
- Reimage computers/hard drives in accordance with standards.
- Perform Move, Add, and Change functions including installation and decommission.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot Windows based operating systems, Microsoft Office and Internet browsers.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot MAC/Apple based operating systems and proprietary applications.
- Configures and supports remote users including VPN client and connectivity.
Provides customer training and knowledge documentation.
- Complies with and supports ITIL change-incident-problem management processes and work instructions.
- Troubleshoots incidents and fulfills requests within established SLAs.
- Adheres to Desktop and End User Computing processes, procedures, policies, and job aids.
- Provides a high touch, business aware, personalized, world-class customer service that extends to executive and senior level support.
- Partner with Business Units, Active Directory, Messaging, Network, Engineering, Information Security, Service Desk and vendors.
- Perform asset inventory activities as needed.
- Able to work with minimal instruction on day-to-day operations and general instruction on new assignments from management.
Additional Required Skills:
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent customer service, written and oral skills.
- Experience working with senior executives in a high pace environment
- Self-motivated and goal driven, with the ability to multitask and to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of various Windows OS and hardware for PC environments
- Knowledge of principles and terminology of networking and mobile technologies
- Knowledge and demonstrated expertise with the management and support of Microsoft Active Directory Domains, corporate networks, and mobile device technology
- Knowledge and demonstrated expertise with the management and support of Microsoft Office, Office 365, and common productivity applications.
- Knowledge of wireless networking, VPN, and networking components and terminology
- Awareness of commonly used Microsoft products and services
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience and technical qualifications preferred.
- CompTIA A+ certifications preferred.
- At least 4 years of experience in an information technology technical support position providing computer support and break/fix services.
- Experienced in supporting environments of minimum 3,000 – 5,000 end users
- Familiarity with Software Distribution tools such as SCCM preferred. Service Now is a plus.
- Experience with Windows OS, MS Office, Active Directory, Group policies, anti-virus software, Windows domain networking, local area networking.
- Experience with wireless technology such as Android, iPhones, iPads, Tablets, remote access software, wireless routers, personal firewall, VPN and Citrix.
- Experience with current desktop, laptop, peripheral technologies.
- Experience with imaging machines.
Experience utilizing client remote control solutions.
- Strong written/verbal communications skills, and possess the ability to interface with end-users effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic environment with changing schedules and priorities.
- Ability to handle heavy volume of equipment deployments and Incidents.
- Physical ability to lift 30-50lbs daily
- Self-motivated and willingness to adapt to different roles within Desktop Support services.
- Possesses a friendly, can-do attitude.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.