Diversity & Inclusion Senior RecruiterApply Job ID: R-005579 Date posted: 01/11/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Discover your opportunity with LPL Financial, a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer with over 15,000 financial advisors and over 4000 corporate employees where we respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve.
We are currently looking to hire a Diversity & InclusionSenior Recruiter within the Talent Acquisition department, which is a part of LPL’s Human Capital organization. This role is responsible for leading the design, development, and implementation of Diversity and Inclusion focused recruiting and sourcing strategies and programs, as well as providing direct recruiting assistance to designated client groups. In addition, this role will partner with key external organizations to advance recruitment opportunities and the brand and reputation of LPL Financial. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in diversity recruiting, specifically the creation and implementation of strategies to source and recruit from diverse communities working across all business units.
This role will be situated in either our San Diego office or our Fort Mill office.
What you’ll do
As a Diversity & Inclusion Recruiter, you will be required to think analytically and critically, conduct research into best practice recruiting models and outreach methodologies to market LPL Financial as an employer of choice to all job seekers. In addition, they will survey materials and concepts with a focus on diversity and inclusion, and apply best practices to daily tasks involving making theoretical and/or subjective judgments. The successful candidate will develop and apply new approaches, document processes and standards, and effectively write and communicate in a concise manner to a variety of stakeholders.
Why You Want This Job!
- Impact. You will contribute to the overall success of LPL Financial by delivering top talent support in order to further our No. 1 priority to make it easier for our advisors to do business with us. Knowing this we are all empowered to make things simpler and do what is best for advisors and their investors.
- Challenge. Be challenged in a fast-paced environment where are work makes a difference. This is why we share our passion for doing things exceedingly well.
- Growth opportunity. Your role will give you access to a variety of teams and new initiatives enabling growth and the development of new skills.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Designs, develops and implements innovative outreach programs using diversity and inclusion best practices in support of LPL’s strategic initiatives.
- Researches most recommended methods for full cycle recruitment programs, with a focus on diversity and inclusion.
- Collaborate with local recruiters by spending time at target Universities as well as regional and national conferences to support and enhance diversity recruiting efforts; Monitor candidate progression and care for all students identified through these channels
- Creates comprehensive recruitment strategies including marketing plans, outreach, trainings and tracking in collaboration with the Recruitment Team.
- Creates and maintains candidate pools of qualified candidates through frequent contact and notifications of positions. Builds pipelines of qualified candidates.
- Participates in recruitment events and represents LPL within the community.
- Fosters strong candidate relationships in person, via telephone, email, social media, etc. Utilizes new technologies as appropriate.
- Develops social media strategies to position LPL as an employer of choice.
- In conjunction with leadership, tracks talent acquisition metrics, provides data, and reports on a regular basis.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of programs, makes adjustments as needed.
- Collaborates with hiring departments to create diversity and inclusion plans for recruitments as well as ongoing outreach programs. Provides guidance and acts as a subject matter expert.
- Provides training to hiring managers and search committee members on implicit bias and other strategies regarding diversity and inclusion, including inclusion advocacy.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local requirements and follows recruitment and selection guidelines.
- Reviews applications and screens for minimum requirements.
- Performs general recruiting and recruitment planning, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Expertise Were Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Education, Marketing, Communications, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of full lifecycle staffing or recruiting required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a diversity recruiter.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and programs in a high-impact environment
Demonstrated commitment to diversity.
- Three or more years’ experience in targeted diversity recruiting.
- Knowledge of current recruiting best practices.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete projects within deadline.
- Solid knowledge of HR policies and standards.
- Familiarity with HR databases, applicant tracking systems, and candidate management systems, preferably Workday.
- Familiarity with social media, especially LinkedIn.
- Demonstrated success utilizing social media to source candidates.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with many levels of personnel, including faculty and other administrators, and professional and classified staff.
- Ability to use computers and software including: MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
- Experience with Workday.
The Empowerment of Your Role
LPL is transforming our culture and our commitment to the ease of doing business. Making it easier for advisors to do business with us is our No. 1 priority. No matter what your role or department, at LPL we all own this. Knowing this we are all empowered to make things simpler and do what is best for advisors and their investors.
The Quality You Deliver
At LPL financial, our work makes a difference. That is why we share a passion for doing it ethically and exceedingly well. Because we have a clear focus and we are empowered to deliver results, we see every day that we are creating something special together.
LPL Financial has a “we” philosophy rather than a “me” philosophy. Our benefit packages are built to support our colleagues and their families by providing programs that foster health, peace of mind, work/life balance, as well as support for your financial and social goals and commitments. Sound too good to be true? See for yourself and learn more about our benefit offerings.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.