Event CoordinatorApply Job ID: R-018942 Date posted: 11/03/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Job Description: Our fast-paced Conference Experiences team is seeking a detail-oriented Conference Coordinator to support the team and provide assistance with office management and conference planning tasks as needed.
This individual will need to be vigilant with deadlines, details, and multi-tasking, and will need to maintain focus and professionalism. He/she will work cross functionally and support a team of 10 individuals on multiple projects simultaneously and will report directly to the Vice President of Conference Experiences.
- Work with internal and external partners to efficiently handle vendor contracts and invoices through our Ariba system.
- Manage the Conference Experiences inbox and hotline
- Management of internal group calendars, conference room reservations and schedules
- Manage overall conference survey results document including other reports for the team as a whole
- Plan bi-weekly team meetings and manage agenda
- Acts as liaison between internal departments, and external vendors
- Ability to navigate roadblocks and provide thoughtful solutions.
- Develop and manage multiple projects, milestones/deadlines, and key deliverables as it relates to each project.
- Support conference leads on coordination of client-facing conferences, including onsite support, as needed.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (emphasis in Event Planning, Hospitality, Marketing, a plus)
- Minimum of 1-3 years customer service/conference experience required; passion for conference & events industry a bonus
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Superior business communication skills with the ability to work across all levels in an organization
- Customer service oriented and ability to communicate with LPL clients appropriately
- Autonomous worker with the ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high stress environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to travel if needed (position entails limited travel)
- Resourceful, self-motivated, enthusiastic
- High level of tact and diplomacy
- Grace under pressure and a sense of humor
- Demonstration of honesty, openness, and integrity
- Familiarity with Ariba a huge plus; proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite required
- Basic understanding of event planning; experience in the financial sector a plus
- Flexibility and adaptability to unexpected demands a must
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.