Events & Conferences PlannerApply Job ID: R-006552 Date posted: 04/23/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
We are currently looking to hire an Events Coordinator within the Corporate Events department, which is a part of LPL’s Human Capital organization. This role will work closely with the Assistant Vice President and Sr Events Manager to develop and execute events, conferences and campaigns for LPL employees.
- Coordinate events and programs from ideation to execution
- Develop and execute communications to provide awareness and gain consensus
- Create detailed project plans utilizing best practices to manage logistics details, and execute with excellence to deliver innovative, quality events and experiences for LPL employees.
- Develop and manage communications for events, including save the date, invitation and registrations .
- Research and get quotes for various event components and collateral, manage ordering and shipping tracking to ensure on time delivery.
- Manage vendors, resources and budgets to deliver events and programs on time and on budget.
- Problem solve and develop creative solutions for event challenges.
- Oversee and execute logistics for events including: venue and room selection, space utilization, food and beverage, branding and signage, audio-visual, and badging and registration.
- Develop impactful partnerships with internal teams to achieve collective outcomes.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in marketing or events
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Power Point software systems
- A passion for creating innovative solutions and programs and developing a plan to execute with excellence
- Excellent communication and writing skills with an enthusiastic, polished professional demeanor
- Strong organization skills, process orientation and passion for being detail-oriented
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environment, and able to multi-task and prioritize project work
- Strong relationship and consulting skills with a client-centric orientation
- Ability to listen, understand and empathize with client’s point of view
- A highly respectful and personable approach to client and coworker interactions
- Must be capable of working autonomously to deliver project tactics and manage milestones, taking ownership and accountability for results
- Is digitally savvy and up to date with latest trends in event technology
- Limited travel may be required to support employee events
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.