EVP, Chief Compliance OfficerApply Job ID: R-001500 Date posted: 12/29/2017 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The EVP, Chief Compliance Officer will be located in our Fort Mill, SC office and report to the Deputy Chief Legal & Risk Officer within LPL’s Compliance, Legal and Risk (CLR) organization.
The individual will lead a large team of compliance professionals responsible for;
- The day-to-day management of Compliance functions including: Policy Management, Registration & Licensing, Compliance Education, Regulatory Change Management, Investment Advisory Compliance, Branch Examinations, Compliance Advice & Guidance, Senior Investor Protection, Conflicts Management, E-Communications, Marketing & Regulatory Reviews, and Information Life Cycle Management.
- Chairing and sitting on various governance and steering committees, as well as designing and directing Compliance Monitoring and Testing programs to ensure compliance with FINRA Rules 3120 and 3130.
- Developing and maintaining policies and procedures and the overall design and maintenance of LPL’s Compliance Program.
- Providing compliance oversight of LPL’s Registered Investment Advisor firms and Advisors.
- Developing an overall strategic vision for compliance functional areas which effectively manages and mitigates risk, establishes proper controls, supports business initiatives and protects the company from legal and regulatory risk.
- Oversee responses to regulatory exam and inquiries.
- Execute on strategic approaches to compliance reviews, issues and/or concerns to minimize the company’s exposure.
- Establish policies and procedures related to conflicts of interest.
- Monitor the firm’s sales practices and adherence to rules and regulations.
- Oversee the review of advertising and marketing materials to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Lead the firm’s compliance education efforts, as well as the tracking of completion of those requirements.
- Establish the strategic direction for all compliance initiatives.
- Annually oversee supervisory controls testing and report gaps to senior management.
- Assist on special projects and ad hoc assignments.
- Provide key input and guidance to governance and steering committees to ensure Compliance considerations are central to the decision making processes of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; JD a plus
- Series 7 and 24 required
- Extensive background in Compliance at a financial services firm with 15+ years of progressive experience
- Previous CCO experience strongly preferred
- Must have expert knowledge and experience with SEC and FINRA rules and regulations
- Experience in monitoring and/or surveillance, whether directly or through an oversight or reporting-line function
- Strong understanding of industry standards, compliance operating and regulatory requirements, such as SEC and state financial regulators: including the new DOL Rule
- Ability to work in a team-based environment, possessing confidence in decisions
- Ability to guide the company through difficult and challenging decisions
- Working knowledge of data analytics and management reporting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact at a senior level, both internally and externally
- Interpretative thinking and advanced analytical skills to problem-solve in often complex situations
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.