Finance Product Manager
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Finance organization at LPL is seeking an Assistant Vice President of Finance Product Management to drive execution and delivery of Finance change management initiatives focused on process improvement and system implementation and enhancements. This role develops and maintains the Finance systems roadmap and supports the deployment of technology enhancements across our Corporate Finance organization. You will work with stakeholders across the organization to plan proactively to understand and prioritize business needs, determine solutions and partner with Finance and Technology stakeholders to executive initiatives and drive business outcomes.
- Partner with Finance and Technology stakeholders to develop and maintain a multi-year strategic roadmap of system, process and data enhancements
- Responsible for development and execution of multi-year roadmap for Finance’s advisor loan system
- Partner with Business Owners to capture enhancement requirements
- Work with Product Owners, Technology partners, and software vendors to implement technology solutions through the implementation lifecycle from requirements, prioritization, and release
- Establishes and drives program and initiative-level governance for Finance, including senior management reporting on the Finance portfolio
- Plans, executes, monitors, controls, delivers and closes both technology and non-technology initiatives.
- Work with Product Owners, Technology partners and software vendors to implement technology solutions through the entire initiative lifecycle from requirements to prioritization to release. Champion the needs of the business to ensure the end product supports business objectives and meets the needs of end users.
- Support Product Owners in the development of enhancement requirements and the maintenance of Finance backlogs and prioritization of ongoing enhancements.
- Analyze business processes, procedures and organization structure to identify problems and determine solutions.
- Enables the organization to adapt to new ways of working to achieve desired business outcomes through the application of change management techniques.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 3+ years of experience in product management, management consulting, and project management within financial services or a FinTech firm with exposure to a Finance organization
- Experience implementing tools with a software vendor in an Agile environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, ability to prioritize across stakeholders and clearly report progress to senior leadership
- Prior experience in an accounting, audit or finance department
- Experience establishing and running an initiative from the ground up, including identifying project scope, the project team and governance, reporting and monitoring and successful delivery
- Ability to influence project team members to identify and address project issues and promote self-directed teams by enabling open, transparent and clear communication
- Capability to fulfill varying project roles as needed, including product and project management, product ownership, testing and backfill for existing business users in their current roles
- Experience with Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid product and project management with strong knowledge of Agile tools, ceremonies and methodologies
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.