Financial Planning AssociateApply Job ID: R-004802 Date posted: 01/22/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Financial Planning Associate
The Financial Planning Associate is responsible for supporting LPL Financial Advisor inquiries related to our financial planning platform and systems. The Financial Planning Associate will be a member of the Financial Planning Group, and will partner closely with Technical Support to provide timely, accurate and actionable guidance to LPL Financial Advisors. This call center role is an entry-level financial planning position supporting LPL advisors and their staff with the use of proprietary financial planning systems, third-party systems, and programs. This individual will be responsible for balancing multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously and for interacting with LPL Financial Advisors over the telephone.
- Provide technical support for proprietary LPL software products ensuring that service level and customer satisfaction agreements are met. This is primarily done over the phone and via email communications
- Assist advisors via phone in the calculation of financial planning solutions for their clients; contribute to advisors satisfaction by providing them with timely and responsive services, assistance with implementation and work products
- Proper escalation of incidents to management
- Participation in training sessions
- Cooperation on special projects
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Prior experience with technical support and customer service in a call-center environment strongly preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in personal financial counseling within a professional services and/or a financial planning environment preferred
- Series 7 and 63, 65 or 66 required within 90 days
- CFP strongly preferred
- Exposure to financial planning
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate in person and via the phone, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong in Outlook, Excel, Word
- Strong problem solving and customer service skills necessary
- Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work under pressure
- Follow-up skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.