Hadoop AdministratorApply Job ID: R-007914 Date posted: 09/10/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Sr. Hadoop Administrator with a minimum of 5 years of experience to join our Production Engineering and Operations Support team. The hire will be responsible for supporting MAPR Hadoop platform and application. The Hadoop Admin will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure Hadoop Platform runs 24/7.
- Install and configure Hadoop clusters (Experience with MapR specifically a plus)
- Manage Hadoop, Sqoop and Spark cluster environments
- Apply proper architecture guidelines to ensure highly available services
- Plan and execute major platform software and operating system upgrades and maintenance across physical environments
- Develop and automate processes for maintenance of the environment
- Implement security measures for all aspects of the cluster (SSL, disk encryption, role-based access)
- Ensure proper resource utilization between the different development teams and processes
- Design and implement a toolset that simplifies provisioning and support of a large cluster environment
- Review performance stats and query execution/explain plans; recommend changes for tuning
- Create and maintain detailed, up-to-date technical documentation
- Mentor and train other associates
- 5+ years of experience in architecting, administrating, configuring, installation and maintenance of Open Source Big-data applications, with focused experience on MapR distribution
- Source Big-data applications, with focused experience on MapR distribution.
- Expertise in administration of MapR DB / Hive / Drill / Hbase / Spark / Sqoop
- Scripting experience using Shell, Python or PowerShell
- Good understanding of High availability
- Able to implement MapR Data Security using Groups/Roles
- Implement and manage Cluster security
- Expert in ACL / Posix ,MapR Control System (MCS) Wire-level security (WLS)
- Kerberos and Kerberos encryption
- Ability to shell script with Linux
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and quickly resolve issues
- Cluster maintenance as well as creation and removal of nodes
- Performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop MapReduce routines
- Screen cluster job performances and capacity planning
- Monitor cluster connectivity and security
- Diligently teaming with the infrastructure, network, database, application and business intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability
- Collaborating with application teams to install operating system and MapR updates, patches, version upgrades when required"
- Integration to other Hadoop platforms
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.