Head of AnalyticsApply Job ID: R-008995 Date posted: 03/03/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Experienced, results-driven, business-oriented and adaptable risk professional to lead risk metrics and data analytics for Service, Trading, and Operations Risk Management (STORM). Reporting to the Head of STORM, this person will be responsible for executive level risk metrics and reporting, quarterbacking special projects and project tracking, assessment of operational risk controls, and consultation on control design and implementation.
- Act as an adviser to the Head of STORM and key senior business partners
- Establish and maintain effective management and reporting routines that allow STORM to focus on key risk metrics of Service, Trading, and Operations (STO)
- Coordinate the execution of strategic initiatives and STORM deliverables
- Assist the Head of STORM in creating department goals and operationalizing the business plan
- Prepare influential executive level presentations to facilitate fact-based business cases, recommendations, and program updates
- Bring diverse groups together in order to drive collaborative management
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA preferred
- 7+ experience in financial services industry, preferably in a compliance or risk role
- Must be proficient in advanced Excel and SQL
- Consulting expertise preferred
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills; a proven “closer”
- Detail oriented and strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong executive presence
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently in a very fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Highly collaborative with experience in leading and influencing teams and individuals across lines of business, functional areas and different levels of an organization; courage to hold peers accountable
- Series 7 preferred but not required
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.