Head of Product MarketingApply Job ID: R-012113 Date posted: 12/04/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-Remote
LPL is hiring a Senior Vice President to be head of Product & Segment Marketing.
This individual will play a key leadership role in the strategy and delivery of marketing programs responsible for contributing to acquisition and cross-sell marketing (new- and same-store sales growth) and product adoption. The successful leader will have a comprehensive understanding of audience segmentation, multi-channel marketing, and product marketing strategy.
This role will have responsibility for:
- Establishing outcomes and key results for marketing activities aimed at driving revenue growth and routinely measuring success in alignment with the corporate brand strategy
- Centering the client experience and the unique needs of various audience segments in our efforts to attract and retain advisors and to help their businesses thrive
- Developing the cross-channel product positioning and segment marketing strategies, integrated campaigns, and messaging that will enable LPL to solve client problems
- Collaborating with leaders in our Sales and Product organizations to rigorously prioritize with a laser focus on marketing ROI
- Interpreting data and translating insights into action to continuously optimize the customer journey and prioritize next best action for various segments.
- Initiating research to discover new audience segments and approaches to drive conversion and improved customer experiences for existing and prospective clients
The preferred location for this position is Charlotte or San Diego, but a remote work location is a possibility. The role reports into the Chief Marketing & Communication Officer, Heather Randolph Carter.
- Skilled at quickly diagnosing business challenges and articulating the role of marketing in solving for business and client needs
- Ability to lead development, evolution, and implementation of audience segmentation strategies, personas, and journey maps; keen understanding of what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it
- Ability to establish and clearly articulate measures of success and willingness to hold others accountable to meeting stated goals; can work with data to identify patterns; uses judgement to form conclusions that may challenge conventional wisdom
- Adept at storytelling and leading the creation of content that draws an audience
- Ability to shape product positioning by assessing the competitive landscape and defining the product’s differentiated value proposition
- Egoless collaborator who works effectively in a matrixed environment and is comfortable counting on peers to work collectively toward mutual success
- Applies original and innovative thinking to produce new ideas and strong encouragement of experimentation to optimize experiences and performance
- Strong analytical and communication skills to build compelling business cases in order to win internal support for marketing initiatives
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Strategic Agility: Approaches strategy with an entrepreneurial mindset. Uses critical thinking to increase the value proposition that translates into market advantages.
- Problem solving and Decision making: Focuses on customer-centric process that frames the right hypothesis. Uses human-centric design thinking to work back from the customer experience. Develops a fact base to inform solutions.
- Operational Execution: Develops roadmaps, milestones and operational metrics that align with anecdotal evidence. Communicates the journey and uses iterative cycles at pace to support continuous learning and improve outcomes. Sets a high bar for results through repeatable, sustainable processes.
- Talent Management: Reputation for building strong, motivated teams at scale with the ability to recruit top professionals, attract followers and develop top talent.
- Influence: Ability to collaborate internally and externally to maintain alignment on vision, strategy, and performance to goals.
- A Bachelor's degree in marketing, communication or related field preferred; MBA or similar advanced degree a plus.
- 15-20 years of marketing experience, some portion in financial services preferred
- History of working closely with C-suite and/or board-level executives
- Experience building, leading, and structuring highly effective teams and departments of 20+ individuals
- Comfort with basic marketing analytics tools, capabilities, and reporting
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.