Head of Sales EnablementApply Job ID: R-012508 Date posted: 02/02/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-Remote
The Senior Vice President of Sales Enablement provides the training, content, processes, practices and tools needed to support salespeople throughout the buyer’s journey. This includes working collaboratively with sales, marketing, business partners and other key stakeholders to increase sales results and productivity. The executive is responsible for creating a culture of high performing sales professionals.
The SVP will add perspective to the sales organization though a deep knowledge of customers and their challenges, as well as data driven, fact-based insights about the sales process. Additionally the SVP has involvement on many projects implemented within Business Development from conception to implementation, working closely with BD leadership and cross-functional partners to improve department and firm performance through new initiatives.
Through this work, there is a heavy emphasis on improving the feeding of leads into the sales pipeline and accelerating the pull-through of deals through the pipeline.
- Leads a team of sales enablement professionals who will establish, track and monitor metrics with business development leaders to drive understanding of tools and programs that enable optimal performance of business development officers and business transition partners.
- Manages activities and initiatives that have commonality across all of BD that includes, but is not limited to, events, conferences, and in market meetings.
- Works closely with the sales operations, business intelligence and analytics organizations to create a data driven, insight rich culture for the business unit that drives action and decision making.
- Plays a key role with other business development leaders to ensure consistent approaches both inside and outside BD on communications, tools development, training, Salesforce automation and others key areas of enablement. Lead all BD collaboration efforts to drive team performance.
- Works closely with salesforce automation team member(s) to ensure BD needs are properly communicated and considered to drive high level of tool adoption and usage.
- Represents BD on many LPL company initiatives. Works cross-functionally with business consulting, D&I, human capital, finance, marketing, STO, compliance, legal and others as needed. Determines business development role and engagement in execution of LPL initiatives.
- Prepares and maintains on-boarding program for all new and existing business development employees to ensure consistent knowledge and standards of care across our department.
- Builds and maintains business development sales assets, including playbooks, guides, advisor facing collateral and discussion checklists/manuals. Working with subject matter expert teams to ensure content is current, accurate and deep enough for employees to have meaningful discussions that add value in every interaction. This includes, but is not limited to, affiliation models, transition process, capability set, competitive landscape, pricing, and more.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in finance, business administration, sales, marketing or equivalent combined education or work related experience.
- Minimum of 7 years sales enablement, sales effectiveness, or business management experience at a national company.
- Finance industry experience preferred, with focus on customer facing roles and organizations.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Proven people management track record
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Culturally sensitive and team oriented with outstanding influencing skills
- Expert level proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite: excel, powerpoint required
- Client centric mind-set and commitment to identifying opportunities to continually improve the end to end client experience
- Reliable self-starter, with a collaborative mindset and ability to build strong relationships across any organization
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.