Human Resources SpecialistApply Job ID: R-012394 Date posted: 02/24/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Our HR Specialist within our HR Solutions Center will provide excellent customer service support and consultation in the overall administration of human resources policies, procedures and programs, as well as coordination and implementation of services, policies, and programs through close partnership with our Centers of Expertise (COE) within a fast paced Human Capital department.
1. The HR Specialist is responsible for responding to questions in all or part of the following areas: recruiting and staffing; organization and space planning; performance management; employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting; employee orientation, development and training; policy and documentation; employee relations; company employee communications; compensation and benefits; payroll, Leaves of absences, employee safety, welfare, wellness and health; and overall employee services and counseling.
2. Facilitates paperwork, process and data entry for employee events/changes i.e. manager changes, sales incentive memos, terminations and others, verifications of employment, scheduling and calendaring, filing, and processing operational transactions/data input as needed (i.e. scanning and faxing).
3. Provides outstanding customer service and tactical support to employee population of approximately 3500 employees via a call center environment. Duties to include but not limited to understanding and interpreting our HR policies and procedures; assisting employees with various Human Resources related questions; educating both management and employees on decisions; researching complex situations and escalating as necessary as well as provide recommendations on basis HR policy questions in a timely resolution.
4. Position is responsible for facilitating the onboarding process, ensuring all paperwork is completed and communicating to managers and new employees throughout the process.
5. Serve on project teams to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the HR team. Partner with COEs and other Human Capital departments.
Other Job Duties:
Assisting with new hire orientation
Actively participate in customer service training and other training to remain current with operational procedures.
Mentoring other team members
Bachelor’s degree in HR
Previous internship experience in a Human Resources, HR phone service/relationship management environment
Must demonstrate superior customer service skills, strong oral and written communication skills
Must have a strong attention to detail and accuracy
Must have a strong working knowledge of MS Excel: creating spreadsheets / running reports
Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees
Excellent phone etiquette
Proven ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
Must demonstrate excellent time management, organizational, problem solving and prioritization skills, as they are critical to success in our culture
Microsoft Office Suite proficiency required
ADP Payroll, Workday, and an understanding of Applicant Tracking or Onboarding Systems
Must work well with all levels of employees within the organization
Must work well with external contacts, such as 3rd party vendors
Partner effectively with other Human Capital groups, such as benefits, employee relations, talent acquisition, organizational development and training, payroll and HRIS
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.