Incident ManagerApply Job ID: R-004844 Date posted: 11/27/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Job Description – Incident Manager
Individuals performing this role are responsible for managing incident events and technical support teams focused on restoring services to LPL’s Production Services. Responsible for Major IT systems incident management from initiation until an acceptable work-around is in place or resolved. Coordinate appropriate resources to resolve critical incidents in accordance with service level agreements and operational level agreements.
Own all communication during a major system outage; ensure that specific communications are sent out to clients, Senior Executive Management, Account Management and internal groups in a concise and timely manner to certify that IT management and the businesses are kept updated until the incident is resolved. Coordinate, manage and keep chronology of events during incident management conference calls.
Update the incident reporting systems with resolution information, liaise with problem management on detection of potential trends; driving down repeatable service impacting failures. The primary focus of the incident function is to coordinate and facilitate the rapid recovery of services impacting incidents that arise.
- Establish and enforce incident response service level agreements in consultation with end users in the business to establish incident resolution expectations and timeframes.
- Analyze performance of incident management activities and documented resolutions, identify problems, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Regularly iterate on the incident management process using data gathered about the frequency and severity of incidents.
- Collaborate with other departments to identify and/or procure service management software for internal staff and external clients.
- Liaise with vendors for the procurement of new systems technologies, oversee their installation and adoption, and manage vendor relationships, always looking for opportunities to improve the quality of service.
- Lead several incident response teams across the organization for the duration of escalated incidents.
- Design and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the transfer to the problem management process where necessary.
- Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledgebases, and FAQ resources on the internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Track and analyze trends in incident reports and generate statistical reports.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on incident trends and make recommendations.
- Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of incident management training procedures and policies.
- Train, coach, and mentor all support tiers.
Formal Education & Certification:
- 7 years’ experience within an Operations Center as well as in depth knowledge of Incident Management, ITSM, and ITIL processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or 7 years of equivalent work experience.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Strong financial management experience is a plus
- Exceptional knowledge of computer hardware, including IBM Blade Center, Cisco UCS, IBM XIV, NetApp, Palo Alto, F5, NetScaler,
- Significant experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 7, 10; Windows Server 2008, 2012; Linux.
- Extensive application support experience with Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, IIS, Citrix, and VMware.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, including SolarWinds and Service Now.
- Ability to understand complex client/server, internet/intranet, LAN/WAN methodologies.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the management of a technical support team.
- Proven track record of developing and providing service level agreements and resolving IT incidents.
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
- Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research on a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Possess a true sense of urgency and positive attitude.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.