Information Security AnalystApply Job ID: R-002348 Date posted: 03/12/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Information security analysts are responsible for improving the overall security posture of the organization.
They evaluate, test and document security solutions and controls, and work closely with other security team members to remediate risk while ensuring the business is able to innovate.
Information security analysts must continually adapt to stay a step ahead of cyber attackers and stay up to date on the latest methods attackers use to infiltrate computer systems. Analysts in this role are expected to consistently learn and grow. This is not a passive career opportunity, but rather one that requires a passion for security and rigor to protect the business.
Information security analysts collaborate with internal and external audit and exam teams, along with technology management and business stakeholders.
- Monitor systems for unusual and suspicious activity across a wide range of products.
- Monitor, evaluate, and maintain systems and procedures to safeguard internal information systems, network, databases, and Web-based security.
- Contribute to vulnerability assessments and monitor systems, network, databases and web usage for potential system violations.
- Respond to alerts from information security tools. Report, investigate and resolve security incidents.
- Recommend and implement changes to enhance systems security and prevent unauthorized access.
- Analyze logs/traffic.
- Identify potential IT security incidents and escalates information to appropriate staff.
- Assist in the development of mitigation and remediation plans as a result of vulnerability assessment findings.
- Assist with security configuration standards for systems and business applications.
- Participate in technical and non-technical projects requiring information security oversight and to ensure policies, procedures and standards are met.
- Serve as an additional security team member, aiding in incident response (IR) with the IR team.
- Interface with internal and external auditors for risk assessments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- At least 1-3 years of computer experience. Preferably in Information Security.
- Experience in system monitoring and analysis.
- Experience with compliance requirements (GLBA, PCI, HIPAA, SOX, etc.)
- Ability to effectively communicate with others outside of Technology in business terms.
- General understanding of how risk assessments are conducted related to information security.
- Knowledge of multiple computing platforms, including Windows, OSX, Linux, Unix
- Possesses highly effective communications skills with the ability to influence business units.
- Acts with integrity, takes pride in work and seeks to excel, be curious and adaptable.
- Displays an analytical and problem-solving mindset.
- Is highly organized and efficient.
- Leverages strategic and tactical thinking.
- Works calmly under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates effective decision-making skills.
- Is highly trustworthy and leads by example.
- Stays current with evolving technology.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information assurance, MIS or related field, or equivalent experience.
- CISSP, CISM and/or SANS certification a plus.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.