Information Security Metrics AnalystApply Job ID: R-002197 Date posted: 02/07/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Information Security Metrics and Reporting Engineer will be responsible for delivering, supporting, and coordinating the Information Security reporting requirements, updating board level reports, and creating and maintaining executive and operational dashboards. The primary role of the position will be metrics focused and coordinating with the Procurement department to review existing contracts/renewals and facilitate new purchase transition contracts. The role will work closely with the AVP of Information Security and additional departments within the firm.
Analyze and comprehend data trends and provide commentary related to trend changes
- Maintain and enhance metric catalog relating to risk and the program maturity
- Define and enhance process for data collection and visualization
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to support changes in priority for executive reporting
- Ability to collaborate and build effective relationships with business partners across the firm
- Proactively manage renewals for department purchases with managers and procurement
- Maintain process documents for metrics, reporting, and procurement tasks
- Provide input to Board and executive reports and dashboards
- Ability to aggregate, analyze, and interpret operational data
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively to various levels throughout the organization
- Advanced Excel user; SQL skills are preferred
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Visio, Word, SharePoint, and Access
- Tableau knowledge preferred
Soft Skills Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personable and reliable self-starter who requires minimal management oversight for day-to-day work responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail with a pro-active approach to solving and preventing problems
- Ability to work under pressure/deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to interface effectively with various levels of employees
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Highly motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.