Internal C-Suite Consultant (ICC)Apply Job ID: R-004723 Date posted: 10/15/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
The primary purpose of the Internal Consultant (IC) is to support activities that drive success for LPL Financial advisors within the assigned territory. This is achieved by providing support of the various investment products such as features, benefits, pricing, competitive comparisons, leveraging tools and technology. Most importantly, this role provides comprehensive case consultations in which individual clients/prospects are researched on behalf of the advisor. The IC is the subject matter expert and must demonstrate a high level of product knowledge, professionalism, and attention to detail and in order to be a trusted consultant for financial advisors. The split between outbound and inbound calls is 80/20.
1. Training & Education - Consult with financial advisors about all aspects of product & services to match the most applicable combination of practice management, economics, features and functionality to the advisorclient's needs.
2. Case Consultations & Design – Consult with advisors to understand practice needs and recommend appropriate services to meet those needs. Assure appropriate sales materials are packaged to the advisor and engage them to help them understand benefits to the business.
3. Advanced Concepts & Marketing – Provide overview of advanced sales concepts. Partner with other business units to drive awareness and adoption. Participate in events, initiatives and responds to questions surrounding them. Articulate economic and technical impacts to the business. Consult on applicable technology.
4. Articulate our value proposition provides an overview of advanced sales concepts.
5. With little direct supervision, problem solve a myriad of issues relating to compliance, operations, and technology concerns.
Other Job Duties: (Provide details of items that are specific and unique to this position).
1. Leverage skills to diagnose advisor needs to provide appropriate options for consideration
2. Through training maintain up-to-date job knowledge on offering and other resources that assist advisors throughout the sales and service process. Maintain current knowledge and understanding of LPL's offerings, Sponsor products, market dynamics and industry trends, etc.
3. Work collaboratively across business units to provide service and to facilitate cross referrals
4. Participate in appropriate professional development activities to best provide support to advisors and their clients which may include pursuit of certain professional designations and continuing education.
5. Participate in field business planning events
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field preferred
- Minimum Experience Required: 3-5 years of sales experience
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills including communication skills (both verbal and written), the ability to multi-task and follow up, as well as the ability to maintain a positive client experience while diffusing tense situations
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment to make decisions and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced, client-centric, consultative environment that encompasses multiple disciplines and service offerings
- Demonstrated drive for professional growth and development
- Licenses/Certifications Required/Preferred: Licensure and Certifications are required and are dependent of the product line(s) supported. Required licenses and certifications may include: Life & Health License, Series 7, Series 6, Series 66/65.
- Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred: Including but not limited to MS Office, Salesforce
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.