Internal ConsultantApply Job ID: R-012703 Date posted: 02/08/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The primary purpose of the Internal Consultant, Annuity - is to support activities that drive success for LPL Financial Advisors within the assigned territory. This is achieved by providing support of the various annuity and insurance products such as features, benefits, pricing, competitive comparisons, or leveraging tools and technology. Most importantly, this role provides comprehensive case consultations in which individual clients/prospects are researched on behalf of the advisor.
The Sr. Annuity Internal Consultant is the subject matter expert and must demonstrate a high level of product knowledge, professionalism, and attention to detail and in order to be a trusted consultant for financial advisors. The split between outbound and inbound calls is 80/20.
1. Annuity Practice Review – Drive sales, and consult with financial advisors about all aspects of their annuity practice, product & services to match the most applicable combination of practice management, economics, features and functionality to the client's needs.
2. Case Consultations & Design – Consult with advisors to understand client needs, provide case design, risk class assessment, illustrations and recommends of suitable products and carriers to meet those needs. Assure appropriate sales materials are packaged to the advisor and engage them to help them understand and make adjustments to the case as needed. Engage with advisors to help them offer and sell the products.
3. Advanced Concepts & Marketing- Provide overview of advanced sales concepts, consult with carrier wholesalers and refer cases to our Business Development officers or Premier Case Service as necessary. Assist business development by developing awareness of events, initiatives and responds to questions surrounding them. Participate in recruiting events.
4. Articulate market and economic impacts as well as the technical investment characteristics of portfolios and underlying securities.
5. Consult on supporting technology including portfolio analytic tools, investor presentation and proposal tool, annuity tools, and LPL client management/trading tools.
6. Articulate our value proposition and four pillars of support and provides an overview of advanced sales concepts, internally and in the externally.
7. With little direct supervision, problem solve a myriad of issues relating to compliance, operations, and technology concerns.
Other Job Duties:
1. Leverage skills to diagnose advisor and client needs to provide appropriate options for consideration
2. Assist advisors with analyses of existing prospect portfolios
3. Through training maintain up-to-date job knowledge on proposal tools and other resources that assist advisors throughout the sales and service process with investors. Maintain current knowledge and understanding of LPL's offerings, Sponsor products, market dynamics and industry trends, etc.
4. Work collaboratively across business units to provide service and to facilitate cross referrals
5. Participate in appropriate professional development activities to best provide support to advisors and their clients which may include pursuit of certain professional designations and continuing education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or related
- Life & Health license, Series 7, Series 6, Series 66, or 63/65
- 5-10 years in a related sales or consulting function
- Very strong knowledge of annuity products, general brokerage background helpful
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills including communication skills (both verbal and written)
- The ability to multitask and follow up, as well as the ability to maintain a positive client experience while diffusing tense situations
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment to make decisions and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced, client-centric team consultative environment encompassing multiple disciplines and product lines
- Demonstrated drive for professional growth and development
- MS Office proficiency
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.