Internal Insurance ConsultantApply Job ID: R-023436 Date posted: 05/25/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations TX-Austin , CA-San Diego
Do you enjoy helping advisors choose the right insurance strategy for their clients? Are you looking for a position where you can provide thought leadership and motivate your peers to achieve team goals. If you answered yes to both then this could be the role for you!
As an Internal Insurance Consultant you will lead and support activities that drive success for LPL Financial Advisors within the assigned territory. This is achieved by providing support of the various insurance products such as features, benefits, pricing, competitive comparisons, or leveraging tools and technology. Most importantly, this role provides comprehensive case consultations in which individual clients/prospects are researched on behalf of the advisor.
The Internal Insurance Consultant is the subject matter expert and must demonstrate a high level of product knowledge, professionalism, and attention to detail in order to be a trusted partner for financial advisors. The split between outbound and inbound calls is 75/25. An Insurance Consultant will make calls that initiate advisor interest, schedule appointments, coordinate seminars, curate sales material and product lineups and assist advisors in selling products. The Insurance Consultant will also assist leadership with peer coaching, project management, and sales training initiatives.
1. Training & Education - Consult with financial advisors about all aspects of product & services to match the most applicable combination of practice management, economics, features and functionality to the client's needs. Learn and follow the LPL Insurance Agency (LPLIA) sales methodology and deliver an excellent and consistent experience.
2. Case Consultations & Design – Take 10-15 inbound calls daily, consult with advisors, understand client needs, provide case design, risk class assessment, illustrations and recommend suitable products and carriers to meet those needs. Facilitate 4-6 advisors meetings daily and manage a sales pipeline and update weekly. Enter sales activity daily. Ensure timely follow-up to drive productivity and sales forecasting. Assure appropriate sales materials are packaged to the advisor and engage them to help them understand and adjust the case as needed. Engage with advisors to help them offer and sell the products. Dedicate a minimum of 10% of time to proactive follow up of opportunities.
3. Advanced Concepts & Marketing- Have working knowledge of advanced sales concepts, consult with carrier wholesalers and refer cases to our Business Development officers or Premier Case Service as necessary. Assist business development by developing awareness of events, initiatives and respond to questions surrounding them. Participate in recruiting events and conferences as needed.
4. Articulate LPLIA’s value proposition and four pillars of support to aid in growing the LPL Insurance Agency.
5. With little direct supervision, problem solve a myriad of issues relating to compliance, operations, and technology concerns.
Other Job Duties:
Leverage skills to diagnose advisor and client needs to provide appropriate options for consideration Assist advisors with analyses of existing client/prospect policies Through training, maintain up-to-date job knowledge on proposal tools and other resources that assist advisors throughout the sales and service process with investors. Maintain current knowledge and understanding of LPL's offerings, Sponsor products, market dynamics and industry trends, etc. Work collaboratively across business units to provide service and to facilitate cross referrals Participate in appropriate professional development activities to best provide support to advisors and their clients which may include pursuit of certain professional designations and continuing education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or related or 3-5 years in a related sales or consulting function
- Life & Health license (or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire)
- Deep understanding of life, LTC and disability products
- Prior experience with case design tools (i.e. Winflex, Ensight, Vive), general brokerage background helpful
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills including communication skills (both verbal and written)
- The ability to multitask and follow up, as well as the ability to maintain a positive client experience while diffusing tense situations
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment to make decisions and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced, client-centric team consultative environment encompassing multiple disciplines and product lines
- Must be a team player and show a willingness to assist with inbound sales phone queue in times of peak volume
- Strong time management skills and be able to work within SLA of 24-48 business hours for turnaround on illustrations and advisor follow-up
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage inbox and case load
- Demonstrated drive for professional growth and development
- Mentor Insurance Consultant Associates and aid in training needs of new employees
- MS Office proficiency
- Series 7 or Series 6, Series 66 or 63/65 are required or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.