Internal Regional Director, Business DevelopmentApply Job ID: R-002439 Date posted: 03/06/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Internal Regional Director (IRD) on the Advisor Recruiting team within LPL's Business Development group will work with the department’s Vice President, Divisional Managers and Regional Directors (RD) to increase sales, activity, and growth (GDC & Advisors) in an assigned territory by identifying and aiding in the recruitment of new advisors and teams.
The Internal Regional Director of Advisor Recruiting will work directly with the External Advisor Recruiters to help source, research information, manage the pipeline, and close prospective advisors looking to join LPL.
- Identify new prospective advisors by responding to internal calls or inquiries that are made to LPL, as well as making initial sales calls to potential advisors.
- Utilize discretion and independent judgment in evaluating potential advisors to determine whether the advisor is an appropriate candidate for LPL prior to introducing to the pipeline.
- Understand and articulate LPL’s business model, LPL’s policies, the financial services industry, and the benefits of joining one of LPL’s affiliation options.
- Host prospective advisor's due-diligence visit to home office.
- Meet with advisors during home office visit in order to address advisor’s questions and concerns including, but not limited to, addressing advisor’s questions regarding LPL’s platform and policies.
- Meet with advisor during home office visit in order to evaluate whether advisor is an appropriate candidate for LPL.
- Through face-to-face meetings with the advisor, engage in discovering and gathering information regarding the advisor’s business and potential fit with LPL.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in evaluating the advisor as well as the advisor’s book of business.
- Use information obtained during the home office visit to determine whether to continue recruiting advisor, and if so, how.
- Train and educate internal staff on the nuances of recruiting; this includes coaching the home office presenters on who our competitors are, and what hurdles we need to overcome in order to win the business.
- Prepare Request for Information (RFI) proposals; the Internal Recruiter is responsible for collecting information in responding to the RFI’s.
- Individually own certain advisor segments of the pipeline from initial contact to the advisor joining LPL, and work in close partnership with RD to help manage the other segments of the pipeline.
- Outbound call campaigns that tie into LPL or industry trends creating opportunities.
- Set appointments for RDs to meet with advisors in-field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Economics, or related field of study
- Series 7, 66, and 24 preferred
- Must have prior sales experience in the investment space, at least 2-4 years of Financial Services experience in a sales related role
- Prior experience as a Financial Advisor or Wholesaler a plus
- Strong familiarity with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Salesforce, and MS Outlook
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are required
- Consultative skills are a must
- Commitment to follow-up and follow-through
- Well-organized, strong time management skills
- Team-player, positive "can-do" attitude
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.