IT Software Asset ManagerApply Job ID: R-011128 Date posted: 09/16/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The IT Software Asset Manager is responsible for the daily and long-term strategic management of software and technology-related hardware within the organization. This includes planning, monitoring, and recording software license and/or hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts. The individual will assist in forming procurement strategies to optimize technology spend across the organization. The IT Software Asset Manager will proactively manage software assets though their lifecycle and provide reporting to support data-driven decisions enabling LPL to optimize spend and mitigate risk associated with Technology Assets.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and promote LPL’s IT Asset Management Maturity
- Proactively manage software assets through requisition, deployment, maintenance and retirement.
- Facilitate the business’ needs for ongoing technical support and upgrade protection on selected products by ensuring that maintenance, support and upgrade protection renewals are managed and validated in advance of notice of termination and/or expiration
- Account for the IT assets throughout the enterprise, utilizing people, process and tools to manage all assets within the organization and affiliated companies.
- Identify savings opportunities for software licensing and renewals. Follow through with vendors and LPL stakeholders to obtain identified savings.
- Report to senior management ITAM/life cycles and resolve conflicts.
- Collect information for budgeting, software compliance & inventory, contract summaries, and cost comparisons.
- Track entire life-cycle management for each asset in order to maintain warranty information, refresh date, and end of life data information.
- Work directly with the administrator(s) to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Conduct annual inventory audit and develop process and procedures to ensure accuracy.
- Respond to requests from end users, managers, developers, and team members for specific IT Software Asset Management data information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or business administration or seven years of equivalent experience.
- Associate’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or business administration or 10 years of equivalent experience.
- IAITAM Certifications: Certified IT Asset Manager (CITAM), or one or more of the following: Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM), Certified Hardware Asset Management Professional (CHAMP), Certified Mobile Asset Manager (CMAM), Certified IT Asset Disposition (CITAD), and Certified Asset Management Security Expert (CAMSE).
- One or more security certifications such as Certified Information Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Systems Manager (CISM) or Certified in Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS) a plus.
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of IT Asset Management Program Best Practice
- Knowledge of IT Software management process within ServiceNow SAMPro
- Knowledge of IT Audit best practice and proven record of Software Audit experience
- Knowledge of the following technologies and software licensing associated with specific experience with at least one vendor under each domain: cloud (AWS, Azure, Oracle), compute (Cisco, Dell, HP, IBM including blade servers), collaboration (Cisco, IBM, Microsoft), database (Oracle, SQL Server), data protection (CA Technologies, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, NetApp SynSort, Symantex Backup Exec & Netbackup), mobile device management (Airwatch, MaaS360, Zenprise/XenMobile), networking (Brocade, Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, Proofpoint), operating systems (Windows for desktops, windows server, Linux), storage (EMC, Hitachi Data Systems, IBM, NetApp), virtualization (Citrix, Mircosoft Hyper-V, VMware).
- Experience in scoping, planning and managing complex and concurrent activities supported by a strong understanding of IT project management; demonstrated ability to manage scope, timeline, conflicting priorities and budget.
- Experience with business requirements gathering and analysis.
- Strong foundation of experience with complex software license contracts terms and conditions, agreements, product use rights, license metrics.
- Experience developing business cases and negotiating with vendors.
- Experience with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and IT Service Management. ITIL Foundations v3 (or later) certification a plus.
- Build Trust: honor commitments and demonstrate knowledge and experience in the complexities of proactive software licensing. Building relationships up/down and horizontally across the organization.
- Implementation/Execution: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; resourceful and capable of working in the abstract, ability to manage conflicting priorities and deliver results on time.
- Innovation: comfortable working through ambiguous initiatives with a confidence to introduce new ideas and process improvement opportunities
- Problem Solving: Effective facilitator and leader with the ability to encourage others in a collaborative manner to resolve challenges
- Communication: Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills with experience communicating complex, technical concepts to all levels.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.