Lead Developer - Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse AVPApply Job ID: R-005935 Date posted: 02/21/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Lead Developer - Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse
LPL’s Enterprise Data Reporting team is working to build improved data visualization and insights capabilities to help drive business insights. We are looking for a technical leader to drive the implementation and adoption of visual reporting into a large user base. Note that this is a very hands-on role, with heavy work in visualization tools like PowerBI and Tableau.
Duties and responsibilities
- Contribute to the design, architecture, documentation, development, deployment and support of Data Visualization tools.
- Provide architecture and design guidance to other developers; Drive resolution for technical issues and provide alternate solutions
- Full life cycle experience (requirements gathering through production deployment) in all aspects of software development.
- Expert in reporting tools like PowerBI, Tableau and OBIEE.
- Translate business needs into technical and system design specifications
- 7+ years of experience in Information Technology with at least 3+ years in Visualization Reporting tools.
- 3+ years of experience with the Visual tools like PowerBI, Tableau, OBIEE.
- Expertise with SQL databases like Oracle and Microsoft SQL server
- Expertise with ETL applications like SSIS, Informatica, Data Stage, etc.
- Experience in coding technologies like Python, Scala, SQL.
- Significant experience with data modeling skills (conceptual, logical and physical model design, Operational Data Stores, Enterprise Data Warehouses and Data Marts).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts into comprehensible business terminology.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and process orientation.
- Commitment to excellence in service, performance, and execution.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment while effectively managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously as well as produce high-quality end to end solutions for complex data problems.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.