Lead Developer – Database ExpertApply Job ID: R-005934 Date posted: 05/16/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Lead Developer – Database Expert AVP
LPL’s Enterprise Data Warehouse Team is working to build a governance and control group to help improve the performance of the existing database architectures, as well as, serving as a resident expert overseeing all application implementations accessing databases. The candidate should have extensive experience in designing, developing, and supporting Data Warehouse applications. The ideal candidate should have expert SQL knowledge, performance/tuning, data warehouse modeling, ETL Development, and Data Marts experience.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the Control Group review and remediation of existing application implementations and oversee all new implementations accessing databases.
- Serve as resident expert in all database application deliveries with a focus on overall performance and architecture.
- Provide architecture and design guidance to the developers; Drive resolution for technical issues and provide alternate solutions
- Full life cycle experience (requirements gathering through production deployment) in all aspects of DW (ETL, data modeling, Data cleansing, SQL Database)
- Translate business needs into technical and system design specifications
(Preferred not all required)
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology with at least 5+ years in Database SQL development and performance tuning.
- 5+ years of experience and resident expert of SQL and database performance/tuning for application deliveries.
- Expertise with SQL databases like Oracle and Microsoft SQL server
- Expertise with ETL applications like SSIS, Informatica, Data Stage, etc.
- Experience in coding technologies like Python, Scala, SQL.
- Significant experience with data modeling skills (conceptual, logical and physical model design, Operational Data Stores, Enterprise Data Warehouses and Data Marts).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts into comprehensible business terminology.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and process orientation.
- Commitment to excellence in service, performance, and execution.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment while effectively managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously as well as produce high-quality end to end solutions for complex data problems.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.