Lead Developer – Database ExpertApply Job ID: R-017397 Date posted: 08/31/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations TX-Austin , SC-Remote
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to objective guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients
LPL is currently looking to hire an AVP Database Analyst, Enterprise Data Information Services within our Technology organization.
- Lead the Data Product in design, development and enhancement of the applications.
- Support and remediation of existing application implementations and oversee all new implementations accessing databases.
- Understand the technical needs and translate into a meaningful code using the SQL databases and ETL development.
- Provide architecture and design guidance to the developers; Drive resolution for technical issues and provide alternate solutions.
- Full life cycle experience (requirements gathering through production deployment) in all aspects of DW (ETL, data modeling, Data cleansing, SQL Database)
- Serve as resident expert in all database application deliveries with a focus on overall performance.
- Support release activities of the product.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology with at least 5+ years in Database SQL development and performance tuning.
- 5+ years of experience and resident expert of SQL and database performance/tuning for application deliveries.
- Significant experience with data modeling skills (conceptual, logical and physical model design, Operational Data Stores, Enterprise Data Warehouses and Data Marts).
- Expertise with SQL databases like Oracle and Microsoft SQL server
- Strong organizational and planning skills and process orientation.
- Commitment to excellence in service, performance, and execution.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment while effectively managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously as well as produce high-quality end to end solutions for complex data problems.
- Expertise with ETL applications like SSIS, Informatica, Data Stage, etc.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.