Lead Ops Specialist - Alternatives ReconciliationApply Job ID: R-008492 Date posted: 04/01/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Fortigent’s Operations department manages the firm’s outsourcing aspects in terms of performance reporting, portfolio accounting, and alternatives reconciliation. There is an immediate and unique need for a Lead Operations Specialist within the Alternatives Reconciliation division.
The Lead Operations Specialist will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of Operations through improvements to identified functions
- Ensuring advisors receive the highest quality of service
- Maintaining a working knowledge of all departmental functions
- Acting as subject matter expert on Alternatives Reconciliation policies and procedures
- Assisting in the resolution of escalated issues, taking ownership and ensuring resolution
- Coordinating with multiple groups on problem resolution and error investigation
- Adhering to deadlines pertaining to departmental service level agreements and project plans
- Providing operational support to internal and external customers via ZenDesk
- Supplying feedback on system functionality and features; participating in User Acceptance Testing
- Generating metrics and statistical data to support accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency
- Investigating and escalating workflow challenges and obstacles
- Mitigating possible control failures through group collaboration and planning
- Leveraging software tools to ensure a comprehensive and efficient workflow
- Daily maintenance of data quality functions
- Daily administration of departmental activities as defined by upper management
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance; other degrees will be considered
- 3-5 years’ experience in the Alternatives operations/financial services
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience with ZenDesk is advantageous
- Past exposure to performance measurement and portfolio accounting
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Word
- Ability to handle multiple projects, software and tasks at any given time
- Must positively adjust to rapidly changing environment
- Past exposure to performance measurement, portfolio accounting, or alternatives reconciliation (preferred)
- Ability to set priorities, monitor own workload to meet aggressive deadlines
- Experience with Bloomberg is advantageous
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.