Lead Ops Specialist, Fortigent Reconciliation & SupportApply Job ID: R-002282 Date posted: 02/22/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
This team is dedicated to servicing the operational needs of advisors leveraging Performance Reporting tools and deliverables powered by Fortigent. The Fortigent Reconciliation & Support team work together in a true team environment servicing a defined group of LPL Financial customers.
The Lead Operations Specialist will be responsible for the overall operational experience, leveraging internal partners to provide timely account reconciliation. Members of this team are knowledgeable in investment reporting, portfolio accounting and performance reporting.
This position will also assist in monitoring and reporting on operational controls and processes. This role requires the individual to have a full understanding of operational workflows, dependencies and control points.
- Advisor Support
- Interface with Business Consulting partners to address specific needs of advisors
- Monitor/Facilitate operational requests, coordinating with front and back office partners
- Assume ownership of inquiries and see them through to a timely resolution
- Serve as subject matter expert on reconciliation functions, workflows and procedures
- Reconciliation Coordination
- Lead team efforts to reconcile client accounts within Fortigent’s proprietary Portfolio Accounting software system
- Ensure adherence to deadlines pertaining to service level agreements and project conclusion dates
- Liaise with our Technical Development team regarding project-driven tasks that will enhance internal efficiencies
- Survey account queues to proactively identify process deficiencies and provide assistance when necessary
- Mitigate reconciliation inaccuracies through quality control procedures and training
- Facilitate and support off-shore reconciliation efforts
- Administer departmental activities as defined by upper management
- Service Oversight
- Distribute quality assurance reports and queries to internal clients
- Generate metrics and statistical data to support accuracy initiatives
- Initiate escalations of requests requiring expedited service
- Establish training routines, guidelines, and milestone in coordination with team leadership
- Participate in the compilation and distribution of status reports and dashboards
- Develop an intensive knowledge of departmental tasks; supplementing functions as necessary to fulfill service expectations
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance; other degrees will be considered
- 3 - 5 years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably in operations or client service
- Past exposure to performance measurement and/or portfolio accounting is preferred
- Strong customer focus, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a strong work ethic
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Word
- Ability to handle multiple projects, software and tasks at any given time with minimal supervision
- Must positively adjust to rapidly changing environment
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience with ZenDesk is advantageous
- Ability to set priorities, monitor own workload to meet aggressive deadlines
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.