Lead Ops Specialist, FortigentApply Job ID: R-012677 Date posted: 02/03/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Fortigent’s Operations department manages the firm’s outsourcing aspects in terms of performance reporting, portfolio accounting, and alternatives reconciliation. There is an immediate and unique need for a Lead Operations Specialist within the Alternatives Reconciliation team.
The Lead Operations Specialist will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of Operations through improvements to identified functions
- Ensuring advisors receive the highest quality of service
- Maintaining a working knowledge of all departmental functions
- Acting as subject matter expert on Alternatives Reconciliation policies and procedures
- Assisting in the resolution of escalated issues, taking ownership and ensuring resolution
- Coordinating with multiple groups on problem resolution and error investigation
- Adhering to deadlines pertaining to departmental service level agreements and project plans
- Providing operational support to internal and external customers via ZenDesk
- Supplying feedback on system functionality and features; participating in User Acceptance Testing
- Generating metrics and statistical data to support accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency
- Investigating and escalating workflow challenges and obstacles
- Mitigating possible control failures through group collaboration and planning
- Leveraging software tools to ensure a comprehensive and efficient workflow
- Daily maintenance of data quality functions
- Daily administration of departmental activities as defined by upper management
Successful candidates will possess the following qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance; other degrees will be considered
- 3-5 years’ experience in the Alternatives operations/financial services
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience with ZenDesk is advantageous
- Past exposure to performance measurement and portfolio accounting
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Word
- Ability to handle multiple projects, software, and tasks at any given time
- Must positively adjust to rapidly changing environment
- Past exposure to performance measurement, portfolio accounting, or alternatives reconciliation (preferred)
- Ability to set priorities, monitor own workload to meet aggressive deadlines
- Experience with Bloomberg is advantageous
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.