Lead Ops Specialist, Performance & Data ReconApply Job ID: R-001830 Date posted: 11/20/2017 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Lead Ops Specialist, Performance & Data Recon
Our Lead Ops Specialist in Performance & Data Recon is responsible for providing unparalleled support for LPL’s high-net-worth performance reporting system. Performance & Data Recon manages the firm’s outsourcing aspects in terms of performance reporting, portfolio accounting, and alternatives reconciliation. We have an immediate and unique need for a Lead Operations Specialist to support our Reporting team.
- Performing in-depth analysis of historical performance data
- Serving as subject matter expert on historical performance services
- Coordinating with multiple groups on problem resolution and error investigation
- Adhering to deadlines pertaining to departmental service level agreements and project plans
- Providing operational support to internal and external customers via HelpDesk
- Supplying feedback on system functionality and features; participating in User Acceptance Testing
- Generating metrics and statistical data to support accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency
- Investigating and escalating all instances where departmental service level agreements are not met
- Mitigating possible control failures through group collaboration and planning
- Leveraging software tools to ensure a comprehensive and efficient workflow
- Daily maintenance of data quality functions
- Daily administration of departmental activities as defined by upper management
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance; other degrees will be considered
- 3-5 years’ experience in the brokerage operations/financial services
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience with ZenDesk is advantageous
- Past exposure to performance measurement and portfolio accounting
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Word
- Ability to handle multiple projects, software and tasks at any given time
- Must positively adjust to rapidly changing environment
- Ability to set priorities, monitor own workload to meet aggressive deadlines
- Experience with Bloomberg, FactSet, and/or MorningStar is advantageous
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.