Legal Support AssociateApply Job ID: R-002307 Date posted: 04/04/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
We are seeking an entry-level candidate for our Legal Support Associate position in our Carolinas Campus. This person will be a member of Legal Department’s Intake group, which supports the entire department.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Intake new matters, including customer complaints, arbitrations, legal advice inquiries, regulatory inquires, etc.
- Triage inquiries and appropriately redirect requests to other business units.
- Conduct light research from multiple sources.
- Correspond with financial advisors, customers and internal business units both in writing and verbally.
- Accurately enter and update data into a matter management system, Passport.
- Answer incoming calls promptly and redirect calls as needed.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability when supporting multiple workflows and processes.
- Review and promptly respond to email correspondence in multiple email accounts.
Experience in the financial services and/or legal fields is desired.
- Must be detailed oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be flexible with the willingness to assist in other areas on an as needed basis.
- Exceptional analytical skills.Must be able to interpret and communicate legal subject matter in clear and simple terms.Solid problem-solving skills and decision-making abilities.Must be able to work alone and within a small group, while continually displaying a sense of urgency.
- Exceptional communication, including strong oral and writing skills. Must demonstrate a professional demeanor when corresponding with customers, financial advisors and internal home office staff.
- Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and aptitude to new systems.
- Strong organizational skills and experience with report generation tools and data analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.