Life Insurance Case ManagerApply Job ID: R-019223 Date posted: 01/05/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Do you find the world of life underwriting, algorithms, and mortality risk assessments fascinating?
Do you enjoy educating, coaching, and guiding financial advisors through the life pricing process?
Are you someone that is talented at coming up with different options around an impasse and back on track to a goal?
Do you enjoy collaborating with different teams at multiple life sponsors, paramedical vendors, and internal departments?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
LPL Insurance Associates’ (LPLIA) is a team within LPL’s National Sales & Consulting organization. LPLIA is searching for an experienced and driven Life Case Manager that is self-motivated to deliver world-leading customer service. The Life Case Manager role provides our financial advisors with an advocate and navigator that will lead our advisors through the life pricing process. The Case Management team plays an instrumental role with regards to sales fulfillment by working closely with our carrier sponsor partners and our internal sales colleagues to place cases inforce. In addition, the Case Management team utilizes life underwriting resources such as Swiss Re to help interpret medical records or lab results in order to determine whether a final underwriting approval from a sponsor is solid.
The Case Management team is responsible for understanding all functions of operations including Licensing & Contracting, specific state regulations (Reg 187, Reg 60), and the Post Issue process.
- Independently work on a high volume case load and significant premiums while maintaining service level agreements that are in place for case management.
- Consistently reconcile outstanding versus received underwriting requirements on each case. Then, continuously provide current status of pending cases to advisors via phone calls and emails.
- Respond to all emails and voicemails promptly and within published Service Level Agreements
- Analyze all medical information (Including medical records and lab results) once an offer is made. If the offer is other than applied, research other carrier guidelines and utilize underwriting resources, such as Swiss Re or QuoteShop in order to determine whether it is in the client’s best interest to place the case or help the advisor pivot to a different insurance carrier.
- Negotiate with sponsor carrier underwriters to secure the best offer on a case or to persuade a sponsor underwriter to waive or provide alternate solutions to get to a final decision. This will ensure that the Case Manager is working as the advisor’s advocate and will help to ensure an offer is received as quickly as possible.
- Identify additional information needed to receive an offer from the insurance carrier. Work with carriers and vendors to retrieve any outstanding required medical and financial information.
- Analyze new client applications once received from the operations staff to ensure the rate applied for meets the carrier’s medical and financial underwriting guidelines. Use insurance experience, knowledge and research to identify any “red flags” that may prevent the client from receiving the best offer. · Collaborate with the internal sales team, internal Licensing & Contracts team, and the Post Issue team to move each case to a placed status.
- Escort financial advisors through multiple regulations including the variable suitability process, Regulation 187, and Regulation 60, etc.
- Participate and contribute to team functions including the Operations Phone Queue.
What are we looking for? We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- World-leading customer service skills is required
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in fast paced environment is required
- High level of self-motivation is required
- 4+ years Case Management experience, professional services experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of life underwriting preferred
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, Economics (or a related discipline) is preferred
- Agency Integrator, Paperclip, and MS office proficiency required
- Effective communication and writing skills are required
- Ability to work within a team and take the initiative
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity Compensation
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.