Manager, Advisory OperationsApply Job ID: R-007357 Date posted: 08/30/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Manager is responsible for team planning, coaching and development. Demonstrate the ability to cultivate staff with the focus around strong employee engagement and feedback.
Ability to lead meetings, projects and initiatives. Support both internal and external customers with a focus around solutions and problem resolution.
- Scheduling and managing staff.
- Frequent 1:1 and check ins supporting coaching and development.
- Escalation resolution.
- Support leadership on multiple and possibly overlapping projects.
- Ability to take on new challenges
- Reengineer existing processes for improved experience and accuracy.
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate across the firm and in meetings.
- Prioritization of solution implementation based on reputational, regulatory and financial risk
- Ability to independently manage deliverables related to multiple projects
- Coordination with internal and external team members to implement or support ongoing processes
- Process change management including updating and maintaining department controls and procedures.
- Reengineer existing processes to increase efficiency
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and lead your team with integrity while creating an environment where your staff members feel included, valued and inspired to accomplish daily, personal team and department goals.
- 3+ years in the brokerage and financial services industry
- Project coordination experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of Advisory Products, Centrally Managed Platforms and other LPL products.
- Knowledgeable in portfolio and investment sleeve transaction accounting and reconciliation
- Knowledgeable in Advisory Billing and other LPL Advisory Products.
- Familiar in the New Account opening process including Product Classification, Fee Rate assignments and Rep changes.
- Working understanding around Client Compensation
- Working knowledge of Word, Outlook, Visio and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Strong customer service skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- VBA development experience a plus
- FINRA licensing a plus
- Required Series 99 & SIE
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.