Manager Due Diligence AnalystApply Job ID: R-003264 Date posted: 06/05/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
This individual is responsible for the initial diligence and ongoing oversight of U.S. mid-cap equity strategies either recommended to or available for use by LPL Financial advisors. In addition to assisting in the construction of the approved list and establishing the recommended lists, LPL Financial Research constructs recommended asset allocation models and complete portfolios to which the diligence team is active contributors.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for investing and tireless intellectual curiosity regarding markets, managers, and investments of all types. The successful candidate will have a history of high performance and the ability to take initiative and follow through on projects independently as well as work as a leader of a team. The right candidate will demonstrate self-motivation, high-energy, tenacity, perseverance, attention to detail, and a passion for investing.
The Candidate will possess the following competencies and attributes:
- A passion for investing and a dedication to providing superior research;
- Ability to think creatively about investments including due diligence, managers, and the markets in which they invest;
- Experience doing due diligence and/or oversight on U.S. equity mutual funds;
- Solid analytical skills, good judgment, and a high tolerance for change;
- Ability to drive to results while being able to re-prioritize as needed;
- Discipline, organization, flexibility;
- Ability to set and meet hard deadlines;
- Unimpeachable ethical standards, with an innate ability to build trust and strong relationships;
- Ability to cogently communicate research and investment content both orally and written to different audiences, including investment managers, advisors, executive management, and clients;
- Emphasis on asking questions and challenging standard answers and analysis;
- 3-5 years of experience in the financial services industry, ideally in a broker/dealer;
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 license required (either have or be willing to obtain soon after hiring);
- An MBA or CFA is strongly preferred.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.