Manager, Events – IAS Business ConsultingApply Job ID: R-007291 Date posted: 08/08/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Manager, Training- IAS business Consulting role is a full time role located in Fort Mill, SC and reporting to the SVP of Business Consulting. Business Consulting group strives to build a culture of high advisor engagement through outstanding event experiences within IAS BC team. Supports logistics, content & material creation, as well as execution of events with leaders and individual team members. Works closely with leadership team to plan, support and execute internal team meetings, calls and events, to provide an engaged and elevated employee experience across all enablement needs of individual business consulting leaders.
- Works closely with NSC conference team on invitation process and advisor selection to all major conferences, meetings and events to ensure the right advisors are at the right events driving loyalty, growth and opportunities.
- Plays key point of contact for Conference Services team as it relates to Focus, Masters, Summit and all requirements form IAS BC.
- Provides IAS BC requirements on behalf of team and leaders to conference services team for all NSC planned and executed events.
- Supports business consultants and relationship managers on ad hoc requests for learning groups, small events, and entertainment experiences one on one.
- Owns planning, coordinating and executing on Existing Advisor Visit’s for IAS BC including establishing standards of process and execution with BC leadership team. Includes advisor invitations, cross functional team member engagement, senior executive inclusions, agenda creation, meeting invitations, and more. To establish an elevated experience that appears across the company to highlight and recognize advisors who visit LPL.
- Manages event & entertainment budget with SVP, Enablement across organization to identify cost saving opportunities, optimization of funds, establish preferred vendor relationships and manage sponsorship opportunities in line with LPL’s platform and product’s team.
- Owns and delivers monthly event summaries for IAS BC to be included in monthly performance deck for IAS BC.
- Facilitates all team internal meetings, both in person and virtual, including annual national sales planning support.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree
- Events/meeting certification, or equivalent combined education or work related experience
- Minimum 2 years of event planning or execution
- Service, meetings or hospitality industry experience preferred
- Franchise or affiliate model business experience a benefit
- Project management experience
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Proven people management track record
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Culturally sensitive and team oriented with outstanding influencing skills
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.