Manager, Fraud OperationsApply Job ID: R-002684 Date posted: 04/11/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Cash Management Incident Response Team:
LPL Financial is currently seeking a manager for the Cash Management Specialty Team, which will manage and lead a high-risk, fast-paced, high-profile team.
The Cash Management Incident Response Team Leader will be responsible for working with leadership in developing, structuring and leading the response and escalation process as it relates to potential and actual fraud items presented to the Incident Response Team. The individual will be expected to make quick decisions, based on the facts provided with the intent of protecting LPL clients and preventing future fraud. Relationship building and open communication with STO partners and LPL businesses across the business will be a key success factor in this role.
Strong leadership, industry experience, positive attitude and strong communication are needed in order for this team to succeed and grow.
- Manage potential and actual fraud escalations based on MMT requests, as well as escalations received within Service, Trading, Operations and internal partners (Legal, CLR, Treasury) with the intent of preventing fraud for review and inquiry
- Review of post-fraud escalations from FCC including subsequent actions (SPAD notes, BORD restrictions, recall of funds, identification of related accounts)
- Fraud reporting development, issuance and fraud trending analysis. Fraud reports include but are not limited to repeat NIGOs, UMB Fraud Losses, address changes & related disbursement requests and transactional history)
- Development and maintenance of enhance fraud policies and procedures
- Response and tracking of all inquiries escalated to the Cash Management Incident Response Team inbox
- Development of client activity trends (dollar thresholds, locations) to ignite client alerts
- Training to Cash Management organization of how to identify fraudulent documentation and disbursement requests
- Continuous relationship building with internal partners including STO Risk, FIU, Service and Trading
- Monitoring and keeping abreast of current fraudulent trends in the industry
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience required
- 5+ years of Financial Services Brokerage experience required
- 5+ years of Management experience required
- Risk management experience preferred
- Fraud management experience preferred
- Series 99 required, 7 preferred
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communicator with strong written and spoken communication skills
- Proven ability to manage, lead and motivate teams of varying experience, knowledge and skill sets
- Self-starter; must be a thought-leader, strategic thinker, and independent decision-maker
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- High level of analytical skills and problem-solving
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements (preferably AML / Fraud)
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Assist Analysts with escalating potential risks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information in differing degrees of details and form depending on the audience
- Strong judgment and experience with escalation of matters and recommended solutions
- Able to adapt to changing priorities with attention to detail and quality assurance
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.