Manager, OperationsApply Job ID: R-008931 Date posted: 02/28/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Cash Management operations is responsible for the receipt, deposit, disbursement and quality control of all money movement. The manager role will be responsible managing our retirement disbursement team. Furthermore, the manager will partner with other management / analysts for reviewing and analyzing underlying data gathered to tactically and strategically manage the business. The manager will be responsible for relationships across the retirement business, patterning closely with technology, retirement specialized service teams and STO risk management (STO RM). In addition, the manager will have oversight into reoccurring metric dashboards, presentations and the ongoing training and development of their staff. Furthermore, the lead and manager will assist the team or other business units across the larger cash organization on special project work while partnering with business technology services (BTS) and reviewing regulatory changes to assess impacts on the LPL Financial and the cash management business unit.
- Managing performance using dashboard analysis
- Report outs to senior leadership
- Supporting a multitude of various functions supported with cash management
- Ability to determine potential impact and assess risk (e.g. operational risk, financial risk, reputation risk, etc.)
- Collaborate within the team to implement initiatives and projects sponsored and approved by management
- Participating in individual and department goal development and executing on tactical strategies for goal attainment
- Field and manage inquiries from members of service and/or operational areas
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Accounting/Finance and/or equivalent experience preferred
- Professional licenses (Series 99) required or will be obtained within 120 days
- Series 7 preferred
- 3+ years of industry experience (preferably in financial services (broker-dealer))
- High level of service skills and problem-solving
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) & SharePoint
- Working knowledge of reconciliations / cashiering activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information in differing degrees of details and form depending on the audience
- Strong judgment and experience with escalation of matters and recommended solutions
- Able to adapt to changing priorities with attention to detail and quality assurance
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.