Manager, Service CenterApply Job ID: R-008017 Date posted: 10/21/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Annuity Manager oversees the Annuity Order Entry desk by providing training, acting as third escalation point for advisor client issues. The Manager is responsible for communicating changes in processes, applying policy changes, setting departmental and individual specialist goals, and coaching to perform against individual goals. The Manager is responsible for ensuring SLAs and advisors expectations are met.
- Leads and directs annuity staff across dual locations who are speaking with Financial Advisors and internal business partners in a call center supporting Annuity purchases, corrections and operations. Acts as third point of escalation for advisor issues. Manage and monitor daily work flow to ensure SLAs are met. The Annuity Manager must maintain a high level of knowledge regarding products supported by the Annuity Order Entry desk, industry standards and industry regulations. The Manager is responsible for compiling statistics for senior management on a monthly basis or as needed.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, anticipate - as well as adapt - to regulatory changes. Be able to identify how these regulatory changes will impact Annuity Order Entry desk, and identify needed updates to processes and systems to adapt to regulatory requirements, actively review procedures, identify areas of risk and ensure proper controls are in place to mitigate risk.
- Maintain high-level knowledge of LPL processes and system platforms as they relate to Annuity purchases, corrections and operations. Participate in annual proposal and project request process for the Annuity desk. Manage system enhancements, system testing and training requirements. Represent trading department in project meetings and initiatives that either directly or indirectly impact the Annuity area. Actively manage system defects, create suitable workarounds and ensure system issues are reported tracked and fixed in a timely manner.
- Participate in setting departmental goal and translate departmental goals into individual plans for each team member. Create performance plans, coach employees for improved performance, identify developmental needs and opportunities, address poor performance, celebrate successes, and complete performance and pay reviews. The Annuity Manager is responsible for hiring decisions and managing the hiring process.
- Review process workflow for purpose of increasing efficiencies and identifying potential areas for improvement (i.e. ease of doing business). Responsible for designing and implementing improved processes or policies. Maintain relationships with management of other internal business units, software vendors and annuity carriers.
- Minimum Education Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree (Finance or Econ. Pref)
- Minimum Experience Required: 5-7 years (Financial Services)
- Licenses/Certifications: Series 99 required or must obtain within 90 days. Series 7, 24, 63/65 or 66 preferred.
- Systems/Software Required: MS Office/Excel & Beta
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.