Manager, Training – IAS Business ConsultingApply Job ID: R-007292 Date posted: 08/14/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
The Manager, Training- IAS Business Consulting role is a full time role located in San Diego and reporting to the SVP of Business Consulting. Business Consulting group strives to build a culture of high performing and always prepared business consultants through effective training and tools. Consults with VP, Training & Communication to establish training programs and tools that lead to best in class team performance, and how to support them through active engagement. Prepares and plans training calendar and agenda for leaders throughout IAS BC. Additionally has ownership of team member on-boarding (from set up requirements through job specific training plan development and execution with leaders) based on standards created by VP, Training & Communication.
- Works closely with learning & development team, to create data base of required and optional training for new on-boarding of IAS BC team members.
- Tracks and monitors new team member’s completion and adoption of on-board components and engages with new hire appropriately to ensure completion within times defined by leader.
- Supports leader with group and individual coaching on programs and tools relating to utilization and effectiveness.
- Executes and implements the annual training plan/calendar by team, and for entire team, including National Sales conferences support and contributions, as designed by VP, Training & Communications.
- Manages team on-boarding including LPL resources and tools relating to role, and role specific workshops relating to key Pillars of Consulting, and Relationships Management. Maintains consistent standards of delivery on IAS BC ways of consulting across our advisor community.
- Provides VP, Training & Communications with key performance metrics on tool adoptions and program engagement.
- Supports Miller Heiman implementation within IAS business consulting, inclusive of, but not exclusive of, individual team questions and coaching as needed.
- Assists with training and facilitation guides/checklists for Playbooks that align with the Pillars of Consultation and ease of use for IAS BC team members.
- Supports VP, Training and Communications to obtain content by Pillar from subject matter experts for Playbook creation. This will include, but not be exclusive of, succession planning, acquisitions, advisor recruiting, lead generation, affiliation models and more.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in business, training, sales, human resources, or equivalent combined education or work related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years training experience either working in a training department, or as trainer/training developer in previous roles
- Service industry experience preferred, with focus on business to business relationships
- Franchise or affiliate model business experience preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Training facilitation experience preferred
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Proven people management track record
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Culturally sensitive and team oriented with outstanding influencing skills
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.