MAO Sr Ops SpecialistApply Job ID: R-001882 Date posted: 12/31/2017 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The candidate will provide critical operational support for LPL Separately Managed Account Platforms. The role will involve ensuring that advisor-driven requests, including requests for withdrawals and model changes, are in good order and communicated to portfolio money managers in an accurate and timely manner. The candidate will also assume responsibility for inquiry resolution which will entail research and coordination with various operations departments. Other responsibilities may include ensuring new accounts meet funding requirements and acting as a liaison between LPL, money managers and advisors. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and able to flourish in a fast-paced setting under pressure. A strong commitment to delivering extraordinary service is a must.
- Perform reconciliation of cash and securities transactions in the SMA trading system
- Asist with processing advisors’ requests
- Assist advisors and money managers with trading related questions and issues
- Work effectively and efficiently with other business units (internal and external) to resolve transaction and data related issues
- Perform quality control reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree (in finance or accounting preferred) or appropriate work experience
- 1 to 2 years of financial services experience, preferably in investment operations
- FINRA Licenses are a plus
- Proficient with MS Office
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a group setting
- Ability to work with other departments
- Ability to handle fast paced and deadline driven environment
LPL Financial offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.