Marketing ConsultantApply Job ID: R-005974 Date posted: 03/15/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Position – Marketing Consultant – Sales Optimization
The Marketing Consultant will be responsible for the planning, development, and execution of sales events supporting the National Sales & Consulting Team in an effort to increase sales and adoption to the products/platforms/tools/resources offered at LPL Financial.
The Sales Optimization team collaborates with multiple business units from the sales and consulting teams to transform business strategies into sales activities to promote advisor growth and retention. This team has the responsibility for providing the sales teams with end-to-end programs that include sales events, campaigns and collateral materials that drive sales growth, engagement and adoption. This also includes advisor education and sponsor related support.
The primary goals for this position include:
- Promote and drive advisor Net New Asset growth through activities
- Focus on the client perspective and embrace a culture of making it easy for them to do business with us
- Enhance communication through activities for multiple audiences: Advisors, Business Units, Sales Partners
- Coordinate, develop and manage National Sales & Consulting Team events
- Initiate and coordinate cross-departmental promotions through the development of integrated marketing campaigns that may include the promotion of other products or technologies at the firm.
- Work closely with the sales and consulting teams to develop campaigns and timely initiatives promoting and supporting activities
- Manage program event portals
- Ad hoc events (regional workshops/mini conferences)
- Bachelor’s degree required (prefer Business, Marketing, or similar)
- Must have strong project management skills
- Minimum of 3 years of product and marketing experience in financial services and have prior experience developing client events
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and pivot in a fast-paced constantly changing environment
- Grace under fire
- Must have accomplished writing skills
- Must have the drive to win as a team (Team Player)
- Must have strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Very strong inter-personal and organizational skills
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.