Marketing Content ManagerApply Job ID: R-007363 Date posted: 08/08/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is looking for an experienced content manager with a solid technical skill set to help us create and manage high-quality content across all digital channels. This manager is responsible for ensuring content is consistent with site standards and style guides, and working side-by-side with a variety of internal content owners and experts to publish and optimize content that promotes department and company objectives. This role will report to the AVP of Marketing Innovation. This role will lead the Marketing Solutions content team.
- Report to the Assistant Vice President of Marketing Solutions
- Lead the content team for Marketing Solutions
- Lead and support projects to create content in multiple digital mediums
- Email templates
- Blog content
- Landing pages
- Social media posts and imagery
- Call-to-action buttons
- Whitepapers and ebooks
- Manage and curate content across multiple platforms
- Website content
- Create the process for marketing consultants to submit requests and then manage the process
- Field inquiries from marketing consultants to help them accomplish their goals
- Track content to ensure compliance expiration dates
- Act as a liaison between digital marketing and compliance, including creating processes and submitting content to compliance’s system for approval
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for content publishers across the firm
- Collaborate with internal business partners, such as the graphic design team, to meet objectives
- Manage content vendor relations
- Work marketing consultants to proactively plan how digital marketing assets can be organized to support effective communication
- Provide content planning tactical support for campaigns, updates and new initiatives and use the website to promote and curate that content
- Organize web content flows based on audience goals and key content, including tagging strategies for placement and template design recommendations for content
- Identify content gaps and opportunities relevant for web publishing
- Act as approver and publisher in approval workflow
- Understand, adhere to, enforce and influence improvements in LPL’s content governance guidelines and editorial style guide to ensure content aligns with LPL brand standards and overall site style
- Help lead ongoing audits of site content, updating, maintaining, and retiring content as needed
- Provide best practices and editorial oversight to improve overall content quality on our sites;
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Responsible for general tactical support of SEO initiatives such as inputting meta titles and descriptions to help drive online traffic
- Provide general analytics on digital content to determine effectiveness and to gain insights to future strategies
- Troubleshoot and respond to issues in order to resolve them quickly
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, PR, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in Content Management, Web Development or related field
- 3-5 years of experience leading a team
- Strong project management skill set is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including strong editing, grammar and proofreading skills
- Passionate about web content best practices, optimizing content for the web and SEO
- Strong experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, other content and media production tools
- Collaborative working style
- Experience coaching/supporting non-technical users
- Exceptional project management skills with experience leading and/or supporting projects involving multiple business units.
- Prior experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, ability to accurately analyze information and make sound decisions
- Experience interacting with business and technical teams
- While prior financial services experience is not required, must possess a willingness to learn about the industry and how the work we do impacts our advisors
- A motivated team player. Self-reliant and able to work with limited supervision or direction.
- Process improvement skills – introducing solutions in streamlining processes to increase efficiency and productivity
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.