Marketing ManagerApply Job ID: R-008922 Date posted: 03/02/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The LPL Financial marketing department is seeking a marketing manager with a digital marketing background. In this position, you will manage the Marketing Solutions team consisting of marketing consultants. This role is responsible for managing the team and achieving our annual goals.
About Marketing Solutions:
Marketing Solutions is a digital marketing group consisting of marketing consultants. The marketing consultants work with financial advisors with the goal of helping them grow their practice. The subscribers (financial advisors, institutions, banks, credit unions) rely on Marketing Solutions to create, execute and report on a digital marketing strategy. Marketing Solutions services include tactics such as email, website, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, digital advertising, blogging and more. Key benefits of Marketing Solutions include
- Marketing consultants backed by a team of digital and creative experts
- No more figuring out how to get started, or finding the time to market
- Consistent marketing, executed and measured to see a return on investment
As a manager of a Marketing Solutions team, you will lead a team of 8-12 marketing consultants that will support LPL Financial advisors’ digital marketing strategy.
- Report to the AVP of Digital Marketing.
- Manage a team of several marketing consultants.
- Work closely with several LPL advisors.
- Assist with onboarding new LPL advisors.
The Skills You Need:
- Ability to inspire, motivate and challenge your team to tackle the opportunities for improvement.
- Comfort with ambiguity with an ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex, growth-oriented and dynamic environment.
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Foster a culture of engagement, diversity and inclusion.
- A positive can-do attitude; willing to "get in the weeds" with employees.
- Utilize the principles of continuous process improvement to streamline and enhance the operation of the call center.
- Resourceful in navigating across the organization to get work completed and issues resolved.
- Constantly working on developing team members for succession planning.
- Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
- Lead from the front and embody the firm’s mission and values – and understand how to educate and reinforce.
What the people you manage do:
- Implement the overarching content strategy into each advisors’ tactics.
- Learn each advisor’s marketing plan and conduct initial interview.
- Schedule and host regular discussions with the advisors.
- Create maintain, and implement digital marketing and editorial calendars while managing each advisors’ content strategy for blog, e-newsletter and social media.
- Evaluate each advisor’s website and blog and then enhance as needed.
- Create email campaigns.
- Collaborate with compliance to ensure content, brand and messaging are approved.
- Conduct market research and share discoveries with each advisor.
- Implement lead generation and niche prospecting process and workflow for implementation in advisor’s practice to drive business growth for advisors and LPL Financial.
- Establish and measure ROI and KPIs such as email CTR, social media engagement and website traffic.
- Collaborate with the advisor’s office staff to ensure cohesive messaging and communications.
- Work with LPL current tools to integrate into overarching plan.
- Provide feedback and enhancements from the advisors.
- Support LPL advisors via phone and email.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or related field.
- 1-3 years’ experience with coaching, management or leading a team.
- 3-5 years’ experience in marketing and digital marketing.
- Solid understanding of ecommerce, PPC, SEO & SEM.
- Solid knowledge of inbound marketing tools, and web management.
- Working knowledge of web design principles, best practices, and content management platforms.
- Ability to development and execute sales and marketing strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good understanding of digital marketing tools such as Google Analytics, Google Adwords, & Hubspot.
- Excellent project management skills.
- CRM experience preferred but not required.
- Financial services experience a plus, not required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.