Mgr, OperationsApply Job ID: R-017094 Date posted: 08/25/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Do you have a passion for a “Customer-Centric” approach? Would you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have a desire to help customers by making it easy to do business with us…if so, this is your opportunity to be part of a great team.
Joining our team as a Client Compensation Manager will allow you to support financial advisors by offering an extraordinary quality service experience. Our team’s main priority is to create a reliable support system for our Advisors and their staff so they can easily grow their practice. Being flexible and adaptable to competing priorities will be key success factors for this position.
What you will do
As a Manager within the Client Compensation organization, you will lead a team of 10-12 people who support our Advisors and their staff through phone calls, emails and processing of files from sponsors and carriers. You will be responsible for motivating your team in a manner consistent with LPL Financials’ values. No matter what the situation, your team’s duty remains the same: Providing our Advisors with timely, correct, and relevant information, when and where they need it so that in turn, they can help their clients achieve their own financial dreams. If you have an entrepreneurial spirt and a passion for coaching, facilitation, and addressing challenging interpersonal dynamics, this would be a rewarding career for you.
The Expertise Were Looking For
- Bachelors required
- Minimum Series 99 required within 90 days
- 5+ years leading and developing others
- Proven ability to lead and coach financial professionals while possessing strong mentoring and employee development skills.
- Microsoft Power Point, Excel, and Word required
- Identify and implement proactive measures to ensure staff can meet personal and the organization’s goals
- Identify trends and areas for improvement
- Demonstrated high degree of professional maturity and leadership
The Skills You Need
- Ability to inspire, motivate, and challenge your team to tackle the opportunities for improvement
- Discover and craft a development plan filled with tasks and deliverables that align with the employees growth strategy
- Comfort with ambiguity with an ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex, growth-oriented and dynamic environment
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them
- Foster a culture of engagement, diversity and inclusion
- A positive can-do attitude; willing to "get in the weeds" with employees
- Utilize the principles of continuous process improvement to streamline and enhance the organization
- Constantly working on developing team members for succession planning.
- Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
The Talents You Deliver
- BE BALANCED- Juggle multiple tasks, while maintaining focus
- BE PROACTIVE- Take a solution oriented approach to escalated items
- BE CURIOUS- identify and take action on process improvements
- BE COURAGEOUS- identify potential areas of opportunity for staff and provide ongoing coaching,
- BE ENTREPRENEURIAL- understand your role as a business owner and strive to elevate the status quo
- BE A MOTIVATOR- Conduct meetings to recognize and share new information with your staff
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.