Mgr, OverlayApply Job ID: R-006842 Date posted: 06/12/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Project Coordinator is an integral member of any LPL project team that collaborates with OPMG and is responsible for coordinating the numerous projects in both Fort Mill and San Diego. Project Coordinator is responsible for organizing and controlling project activities and for communicating risks, opportunities and current state of projects to his/her superior, OPMG leadership and other stakeholders in OPMG. The main goal of Project Coordinator is to make sure that the project runs smoothly by tracking project progress and communicating, in a timely fashion, its status to management and project members, as well as making sure that project members communicate with each other.
- Maintenance of project documentation, plans and reports
- Direct and coordinate project work (assigning tasks, controlling schedule, etc.)
- Ensure that relevant information for management is captured and analyzed
- Work with the team to remove blockers
- Control delivery schedules of project milestones
- Track, analyze and communicate project risks and opportunities
- Assist the coordination of projects from inception to completion
- Develop training and briefing material for staff
- Keep in close contact with key project members and decision makers
- Track and report project progress
- Update documentation
- Ensure deliverables are aligned with departmental goals and objectives
Skills and Abilities:
- Effective time management
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective teamwork
- Process oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively, including writing skills
- Initiative, ability to manage own time
- Analytical thinking
- Proven experience participating in projects as project coordinator or project management assistant
- Evaluation and report writing
- Experience working effectively with a team
- Experience delivering training at a variety of levels
- Experience planning and schedule management
- Bachelor’s degree
- SIE or Series 7 & 63
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.