Mgr, Service CenterApply Job ID: R-002604 Date posted: 04/02/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Manager Job Description
Client Compensation Service Department
Primarily responsible for managing the Client Compensation Service staff, concentrating on the achievement of department productivity, SLA goals and employee development, resulting in superior customer service to our financial advisors and positive employee engagement scores; drive results through proactive planning.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Determine staffing needs, hire and direct training of new staff
- Analyze queues and provide weekly/monthly trend reporting
- Anticipate training needs of existing staff and provide resources for necessary training.
- Overall development of service team, including assigning roles to enhance strengths.
- Directly interact with peers in other areas of Client Compensation to build the team relationship
- Directly partner with other managers (off-site) to effect a solid team, consistent across both San Diego and Carolina locations
- Directly manage Client Compensation service staff
- Perform weekly call monitoring of all staff (minimum 2 calls / month, more for new staff)
- Monitor staff performance; conduct monthly 1:1 meetings with all staff; conduct performance reviews
- Participate in rewards and recognition program
- Provide training and department overview for transitioning banks and large IAS offices
- Take second line escalation calls
- Act as escalation contact for IS management
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- College degree preferred; high school diploma
- Minimum 5 years progressive managerial experience
- Previous manager / supervisor experience required
- Previous call center management strongly desired
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with various levels of personnel, in addition to encouraging and building positive relationships and communicating effectively with all co-workers and outside sponsors
- Ability to work independently, organize work effectively and take initiative in fast-paced work environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-directed, team oriented, responsible, and reliable, with a positive attitude and a proactive style
- Proficient in PC based software programs, particularly MS Word and Excel
- Basic industry knowledge and understanding of the Client Compensation process is desired
- Knowledge of Oracle, Siebel, and BranchNet Commission systems is desired
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.