NOC EngineerApply Job ID: R-010353 Date posted: 06/23/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Job Description: Technology NOC Engineer: The primary focus of the Technology NOC Engineer is to coordinate and facilitate the rapid recovery of service affecting incidents that arise, follow-up on all severity issues through service restoration, assist in creating and maintaining Alert Action guides, assist in deploying and analyzing system monitoring, and ensuring that incidents tickets are properly routed and documented in a concise and timely manner.
- Resolving first level support cases; 75% of which will be resolved without escalation.
- Escalating to the relevant Engineering team as required, promptly following procedures and ensuring management is updated accordingly
- Creation, maintenance, and adherence to Alert Action Guides
- Participation in Runbook reviews
- Ensuring the Client and ticket is up to date at all times on incident progress and SLAs are adhered to
- Maintain, troubleshoot and coordinate replacement of faulty NOC and enterprise entities
- Fulfill new monitoring requests, performing daily monitoring healthchecks, troubleshoot monitoring issues
- Involved in the execution of change requests in a timely manner as planned by Engineering and customer.
- Provide detailed feedback to other groups on all incident resolutions, ensuring full details are entered into ticket case notes.
- Daily review and action of open cases; updating Operations Management on current cases and their status as appropriate.
- Contribution of weekly reports published to the line manager.
- Provide comprehensive handovers to peers at the end of shift via a shift log
- Attend Operations and Change Review Meetings as required.
- Log cases to 3rd party vendors requesting assistance on unresolved issues.
- Experience with Microsoft Server OS (Windows 2003 thru 2016)
- Experience with Active Directory, DNS and Microsoft Networking.
- Experience with (or desire to learn) VMware and virtual environments.
- Experience with (or desire to learn) one or more of the following: Microsoft SQL, IIS, PowerShell
- Experience with (or desire to learn) enterprise monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, Dynatrace, Appmon, WallControl, among others
- Awareness of performance monitoring & capacity planning
- Possess analytical troubleshooting skills combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be organized and be able to work under pressure
- Be motivated and possess a positive attitude
- Proactive and energetic nature
- Live within commutable distance of primary office location
- Ability and willingness to work and/or be on call nights and weekends for shift work.
- Troubleshooting experience in a fast-paced, high-energy company.
- Customer Service focused, personable, professional and pleasant demeanor suitable for occasional contact with high profile customers.
- Strong personal composure and crisis-management (and avoidance) skills.
- Ability to analyze an issue, identify resources needed to solve the incident, and bring quick relief through creative solutions.
- Desire to work with cross-functional groups involving operations, engineering, security, development, networking, business units, and customers.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3 years Customer Service Background from previous jobs/roles
- Intermediate knowledge of the following skills desired: SQL, Excel, Visio, Windows Server Administration, VMWare/VSphere, Networking (Cisco UCS, Palo, F5), Unix (AIX/Linux/Red Hat)
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.