Operations Specialist (Fortigent)Apply Job ID: R-013148 Date posted: 04/09/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Fortigent, LLC is a financial services firm embedded within LPL Financial that provides wealth management and consulting services to independent advisors, banks and trust companies who require a comprehensive outsourcing solution to meet the demands of their high net worth clients.
Fortigent’s Operations department manages the firm’s outsourcing aspects in terms of performance reporting, portfolio accounting, and alternatives reconciliation. We have an immediate and unique need for an Operations Specialist within our Alternatives Reconciliation division.
The Operations Specialist will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Reconciliation of client accounts within Fortigent’s proprietary Portfolio Accounting software system, specific to:
- Brokerage account statements
- Position and transaction feeds supplied by custodians
- Retirement plans
- Alternative Investment vehicles
- Hedge Funds
- Limited Partnerships
- Private Equity
- Real Estate
- Non-Traditional Assets
- Evaluation of daily trading activity and transactions
- Entry of transactional cost accounting data
- Adherence to deadlines pertaining to service level agreements and project conclusion dates
- Interfacing with Fortigent’s Consulting team to address specific needs of advisors
- Analysis and resolution of data quality issues and queries
- Processing internal support requests from other departments
- Daily administration of departmental activities as defined by upper management
- Providing training and support to Operations Specialists
- Coordination with our Technical Development team regarding project-driven tasks that will enhance internal efficiencies
Successful candidates will possess the following qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance; other degrees will be considered
- 2+ years’ experience, preferably in the financial/banking industry
- Experience with Evare products are encouraged
- Past exposure to performance measurement, portfolio accounting, as well as knowledge of bank and brokerage operations is preferred
- Self-motivated with close attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Word
- Ability to handle multiple projects, software and tasks at any given time
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Fortigent offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.