Operations Specialist - Margin DepartmentApply Job ID: R-000227 Date posted: 05/12/2017 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Job Requirements:The Margin Specialist will assist the Margin Department with the daily monitoring and maintenance of items not limited to margin call activity, debit balances and trade related items within LPL Financial accounts according to firm and regulatory guidelines. Ideal candidate will possess strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills with a good eye for identifying and understanding firm risk. Candidate must work well in a team oriented deadline driven environment.
1. Margin Calls - Review, communication, and enforcement of firm and regulatory guidelines as it relates to margin account initial and maintenance requirements.
2. Trade Related Items - Review, communication, and enforcement of firm and regulatory guidelines as it relates to Regulation T requirements.
3. Non-Trade Items– Includes identification, research and resolution of Non-Trade items, such as short positions, debits,
4. Risk Reports – Review daily risk reports and identify and resolve potential risk items involving options and regulatory violations.
Other Job Duties:
1. Insufficient Funds Review – Reviewing daily check-writing items identified with insufficient funds and either resolving the item or processing the return.
2. Liens and Levies – Receive, review, and process liens and levies from various government agencies
3. Collecting Missing Margin Agreements – Working with advisors to ensure the proper margin paperwork is on file to hold positions in margin.
4. Communication – Effective communication with advisors and other operational groups to resolve various account discrepancies.
- College Degree
- 1-2 years general brokerage industry knowledge
- FINRA Series 7/66
- Microsoft Excel – Compiling data and executing calculations.
- Microsoft Access – Creating and managing various databases.
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- BETA – Books and Records platform where we perform most of our duties
- Communication – Must communicate effectively and efficiently with advisors and other Operational Groups
- Multi-Tasking – Must be able to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Organization – Must be able to prioritize responsibilities to ensure deadlines provided by regulators and firm are followed
- Analytical – Must be able to identify and manage firm risk
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Charlotte, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
* As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2016, based on total revenue.